Yeti Hardtail

Slowrider

Hey guys,
In the next few months I plan on upgrading my hardtail bike to a Santa Cruz Chameleon 27.5 plus.
However, I recently am on a Yeti kick and have been looking at the Yeti Arc. The price difference is about 1K, but not sure
if it would be worth the extra money. I have definitely seen more SC Chameleon's around. At this time, I dont think I want
to jump into the Full suspension world, and plan on just looking at hardtails. Does anyone have any thoughts
on one over the other, or any suggestions. Thanks

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
For what its worth I have a SC Chameleon C in raw carbon...it's 27.5+ and I love it. Someone stopped me at 6mr to look at it on Saturday.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Congrats on the purchase. I didn’t mention the Ibis as I figured it was between the Yeti and Chameleon. The Yeti and Santa Cruz are obviously solid choices. Heck, there are so many incredible bike choices, just a matter of what one likes and is available these days. I was going to get the Santa Cruz, but decided on the Ibis as well. Personal choice... As to armor, I did not put any on my DV9 but may install some as I ride a lot of chunk. In technical places I’m up on the peddles at least 90 percent of the time. On tech downhills dropper is down and am just slightly off the seat in kind of a squat position(tiring). Amazing how light the frame is. I have not had any issues with mine yet and I ride it pretty aggressively. Not sure what Ibis would do if the frame cracks as no new frames until next year. Then again probably an issue for many brands as bikes are mostly sold out right now. Post a pick when you get a chance and most importantly enjoy.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Saw your post regarding a creaking noise. I would check the seat post mount and bottom bracket to make sure they are torqued to spec. Shop adjusted mine while I had it in for service and the creaking is gone. I first I thought it was me creaking 😂

Top Bottom