Yes Virginia, there will be a MTB ride on December 23

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Mr. Macman will MTB Tuesday, and use his new BMX pedals that are alledgely snow friendly. Please let me know if you are up for some MTB (and or X.C), for Tuesday (day). If no one responds, I'll head to Ringwood (details to follow).

If you are up for a ride and have knowledge of some snow friendly trails please respond.

Last edited:

Augieland

hoping tomorrow's winds dry the trails out a little for tuesday, and i would love to ride with you again but Tuesdayis looking jammed 8 ways from sunday. Put up your plans, if there is any way i can find the time i'll see you out there

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Tuesdays Ride:

Augieland

hoping tomorrow's winds dry the trails out a little for tuesday, and i would love to ride with you again but Tuesdayis looking jammed 8 ways from sunday. Put up your plans, if there is any way i can find the time i'll see you out there
Hi Augieland: I'm not sure of a good place to MTB and my trail knowledge is very limited. Hopefully someone will respond and invite me to their neck of the wood. If no one responds I'll go to ringwood, where the conditions might not be so good.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Always Be Mindful

How are things in your neck of the woods? I was hoping to get a shout from the glue crew, but I guess some folks still have some shopping to do. Last, Monday's ride at Allaire kicked but, and I want to go back soon.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Should be frozen tomorrow. The rain cleared up here mid day. I plan to check it out in the late morning/early afternoon.

Augieland

if I end up free we can always do Harts/Huber i know them well and if we really have a dry day with sick wind Monday enough of them will be ride-able Tuesday... otherwise if someone else steps up, i'll try to join you all

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
if...

if I end up free we can always do Harts/Huber
Hopefully some one responds today if they can MTB Tuesday, and inicate where they like to MTB.

Albeit, Tuesday looks cold, I am still in. Central Bergen County we had a little too much snow Sunday morning to MTB, I mtb'ed in the town park. Where the sanitation plowed, I could cycle, a small portion was not plowed and I carried the MTB cyclo cross style. It felt like practicing for a MTB, cyclo-cross criterium. Is there such a beast? It did rain a lot in the afternoon, and much of the unplowed snow melted a bit. That being said, MTBing in a place that got less initial snowfall might behoove us all. As far as Harthstone freezing, I don't know. Yesterday I checked out to see if the Red Road trail was frozen yesterday, but its was very slushy, and the puddles are quite deep as the Red Road doesn't drain well at all (take a look at the meadowlands it's the worlds largest bogland and never competely drains).

Please let me know when and where you folks can MTB Tuesday.
Happy Holidays!

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Shepherd Lake Ringwood, NJ 12-23-08 10 AM

Tuesday 12-23-08 @ 10 AM Macman will make his merry way up to Shepherd Lake in Ringwood, NJ. Post Back, or PM, I'll give you my cell #. I'll be there with my x-c skis and sneakers if you rather trail run, or ski depending on conditions. If you bring the bike, and trails are bogus. I'll cycle up to Long Meadow and back. No worrys.

See the motion based link below, my first time at Shepherd lake, I biked up Morris Rd. from Sloastburg Rd.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6760717

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Macman needs to "Dial In" his Winter Tri Game

Did the Grasmere loop on Cross-Country Skiis today, 6 miles, Was supposed to bike it then trail run the same loop. But I couldn't get "Dialed In". X-C Tip of the day. Trader Joe Canalo Oil on the Bottom of the X-C ski will prevent the snow from sticking to the skis, as told to me by a resident of Ringwood, that just finished his X-C for the day, and broke trail for me.
Thank you.

He had "Trek" skis, that were 15 years old, but had the newer style bindings, yet he and I still have the old style with three holes, as a back-up. I am looking for the new style, that can also be used for trail running, if there is such a shoe.

Click Here for the Pix (first 3 are from Allaire last week)

Ringwood Cross Country Loop on Motion Based

Top Bottom