Xpedo mforce ti pedals?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Anyone have experience with these? Looking to lighten up my race bikes. They seem to be used by many top pros. Thoughts?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have experience with these? Looking to lighten up my race bikes. They seem to be used by many top pros. Thoughts?
95 grams lighter than xtr, with a weight limit of 187lbs....

tenor.gif

$90 more too...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had 2 pairs of the non ti version maybe 10 years ago. Both failed and were a bitch to repair but again it was 10 years ago so take this review with a grain of salt.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think @graveyardman67 got these from DE some time back?
Yes.... The pedal fine.

Seriously though... So far so good. Clip-in-clip-out is just as good as SPDs. I haven't been riding the XC bike as much as in the past, but Wildcat is not easy on anything and they have done well. Since I've gone more Enduro-Bro lately the platform seems so tiny. Every time I get on my XC bike I'm like man these are some tiny ass little pedals. I think @UtahJoe ran these for some time as well - and he puts out a bit more power than I do :banana:.

SmooveP

I'd look elsewhere to save weight. Back in the day, I had a titanium bottom bracket spindle fail. Granted, it lasted a number of years, but it's not fun when it happens. A pedal spindle is way thinner than a BB spindle, especially inside the pedal where you can't see it. And it's most likely to fail when you're landing a jump or drop or putting the power down, so the chance of hurting your ankle (and/or your nutz) is high.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a pair of the Ti 8 ones, had them for about 4 or 5 years now, they still work fine....They are lighter than my XTRs, but I dont feel they work as well....So I would really only use them when i was racing...And changing out the cleats on your shoes is a pain, so as i have become less serious I havent bothered with them as much. dont EVER....EVER ride with xpedo cleats in your shoes on shimano pedals tho....not unless you want a torn acl, etc if you crash

Also, dont get the mag. ones, I destroyed 3 sets of those...they are pretty weak.

Top Bottom