XC fork opinion

paa29

I'm looking to build up a giant anthem 27.5 soon and was wondering what's a good fork to get. I have been racing on the fox CTD for a while and I really liked that but the shock that comes on the bike would be a RockShox Monarch RL and I wanted to keep the suspension the same brand. Thanks!

gingertooth

Why bother. Anthem 27.5 is way too twichy and horrible in really techy stuff. Do 29. Can't be beat....but I say for forks Sid XX

Karate Monkey

Giant specced the bikes with 120mm forks in the front this past year, makes them a hell of a lot less twitchy. An Angleset would make it better if you wanted to keep it 100mm.

The Sid would, of course, be the best match for the bike, but is there a specific reason you wouldn't want a Trance?

paa29

I am using this bike for XC racing I've had a 26" trek fuel for most of the season until it broke...long story short I had to get another trek bike and since they dont make 26 or 27.5 race bikes I had to settle for the trek superfly. It is an amazing bike but I just like the way a 27.5 rides a lot more. And thanks for the opinion on the fork!

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you want to keep with the same brand I'd say go for the Fox rear. I had a Monarch on my Scalpel and it was awful. I was lucky enough to get a high end Fox Float & it was a night & day difference. I recently went back to a Monarch (Borrowed from a friend, so not the same one) when my Fox needed service & again notice a dramatic difference. Hated it. Felt harsh, couldn't get the rebound right, just overall awful. But that may not be an option if you want to go 120 with the front.

paa29

Thanks Kirt, like I said I am currently riding with fox float and I love it. I might have to look into getting a shock as well.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
The sid xx is a solid fork. I have an anthem 27.5 with that combo and it's great. I wouldn't ever call this bike twitchy or bad in technical spots. In terms of the 120mm, only the sx models come with that travel. All standard models come with 100mm still.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok I will say it ride what you got and not worry about matchy/matchy and shizzle like that. 90% of all riders don't even know how to dial in their suspension. Suspension is overrated anyway unless gravity is your thing. Ride it kill it replace it!

Top Bottom