XC and Marathon race bike choices

Leadman

Formerly: Harry Hamilton
Narrowed my bike choices down to 4 for next year although only 3 can be had at the moment. Any opinions or comments on these bikes for Marathon and Stage races?

Pivot Mach4 SL 120/100
Rocky Mountain Element 130/120
Norco Revolver 120/120
Santa Cruz Blur TR 120

Thanks

I have the Mach 4 SL. Bike is super capable. Bike climbs and handles tech amazing and does just fine downhill.

Narrowed my bike choices down to 4 for next year although only 3 can be had at the moment. Any opinions or comments on these bikes for Marathon and Stage races?

Pivot Mach4 SL 120/100
Norco Revolver 120/120
Santa Cruz Blur TR 120

Thanks
What size frame.. I have a Med Mach 4 on the floor..

Also a Scalpel SE in MEd and a Lg orbea Oiz

Got a call about a Scott Spark RC Team Issue that just came in. Short ride but impressive. Anyone have any thoughts on this bike?
I have no thoughts. I ride an outdated Turner Czar. I would add the ibis exie to your list. Super light 120/100 XC race bike. I have no idea about availability though.

I’ve thought about updating but it seems like it’s so hard to test ride at the moment.

The Scott seems interesting. I’d love a 120/120 built for XC. I like the shock design.

Pivot Mach4 SL 120/100
Norco Revolver 120/120
Santa Cruz Blur TR 120

Thanks
All of them except the Norco. The Borco doesn’t feel like a race bike and no remote lockouts. I am going with the Ibis Exie

I have no thoughts. I ride an outdated Turner Czar. I would add the ibis exie to your list. Super light 120/100 XC race bike. I have no idea about availability though.

I’ve thought about updating but it seems like it’s so hard to test ride at the moment.

The Scott seems interesting. I’d love a 120/120 built for XC. I like the shock design.
@Riggedfmx has the new Scott….

ya, pretty much impossible to test ride....then add in tires, wheels, set up.....lot of guess work. I still cant see any reason to upgrade from my scalpel yet.

Harry, just from my personal experience....Past year or so transitioning to Enduro racing....When I go back to the XC bike after months off of it. The tires and the lack of grip are usually the hardest things to get used to again....not really the geometry. Point being, I think you can make most of the modern XC bikes work fine on technical courses with a decent set of tires and of course a dropper post.

ya, pretty much impossible to test ride....then add in tires, wheels, set up.....lot of guess work. I still cant see any reason to upgrade from my scalpel yet.

Harry, just from my personal experience....Past year or so transitioning to Enduro racing....When I go back to the XC bike after months off of it. The tires and the lack of grip are usually the hardest things to get used to again....not really the geometry. Point being, I think you can make most of the modern XC bikes work fine on technical courses with a decent set of tires and of course a dropper post.
Thanks Utah. Appreciate the insight.

and of course a dropper post.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom