WVP/Chimney Rock TM SATURDAY 10/14 9am

Looks like we will get lucky with the rain starting a little later in the morning. With that said, I and a few others are starting at 8 so we can hopefully get the project fully finished. If you can join earlier, please do, but no biggie if you can't. The official start time is still 9, and the ranger will meet you in the lot then and bring you up to the work area.

Let me know if you have any questions.
8am sounds good, unless I show up at 9am.

Foreshadowing…

IMG_7888.jpeg

Nice turnout despite the damp weather. Thanks to Kirt and Norm for putting this together and the volunteers who came out to give back. All trail users will appreciate this new line for years to come thanks to your efforts.
PCIMG_2023-10-14_15-08-11.JPG
PCIMG_2023-10-14_15-02-48.JPG
20231014_092200.jpg
20231014_092830.jpg

20231014_104557.jpg

Last edited:
And the rest.

I'll say this was an excellent group today. A really solid reroute done on middle blue. This is probably the best non-High Tech crew I have seen for any of the TMs that I can recall. Solid work done here. In all we probably added 100 yards of new (rerouted) trail to ride. And the hope is that it will make middle blue fun in both directions. The old fall line trail is no more.

Thanks to all who came out!
IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7906.jpeg
IMG_7907.jpeg
IMG_7908.jpeg

The new section is riding amazing. That berm is so solid. It pops you down the trail with some serious speed. So Fun!
❤️
Excellent work to all involved.
Yeah, it's good when you barely notice the reroute. One suggestion is to level out the next right afterwards before the big left and maybe berm it a bit more. Would make carrying the speed so much better.

And the rest.

I'll say this was an excellent group today. A really solid reroute done on middle blue. This is probably the best non-High Tech crew I have seen for any of the TMs that I can recall. Solid work done here. In all we probably added 100 yards of new (rerouted) trail to ride. And the hope is that it will make middle blue fun in both directions. The old fall line trail is no more.

Thanks to all who came out!View attachment 224995View attachment 224996View attachment 224997View attachment 224998
wow great stuff! thanks all - can't wait to get out and ride it!

Yeah, it's good when you barely notice the reroute. One suggestion is to level out the next right afterwards before the big left and maybe berm it a bit more. Would make carrying the speed so much better.
Walt- you were there so you know the session was cut short due to the rain, so all the finishing work wasn't done. Was getting impossible to work with the dirt turning into mud. I plan to get back there at some point with a crew to take care of all the unfinished work. Just not sure if I'll do it this year, as there are lots of other projects, or wait until spring to see what it looks like then.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions