WTF KFC? Katie Compton - Banned for doping

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
"if you're not cheating you're not trying"

i can't really hate on anyone trying to get the edge at that level, you don't do so hot one year and your out some sponsors. Sucks more because you know someone else is cheating in the field you just don't know who. The incentive is there to cheat and I don't fault anyone trying to get ahead but once your caught just take it in the chin, you already maxed out your potential and your done.

look at lance or bonds as an example, neither of those guys seem to be living a life of regret.

and now you know how I'm going to win the iron gate race.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I agree, this was a rough one and she is rightly being slammed in meme land. If she wasn’t guilty, why wouldn’t she fight it to maintain her legacy? I assume so they don’t do what happened to Lance, strip everything.

is the hope of a clean top level athlete a fruitless endeavor?

and trek, SAD. Lance, her, don’t act like you didn’t know.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Katie is not exactly swimming in cash. We had a UFC fighter get popped. It costs a lot to dig into these cases. We were able to trace back the infraction to an IV administered after a fight in Russia, by a Russian doctor. Suspension was cut from 2 years to 1 year.

4 year suspension for first offense is, well, offensive. There are so many ways to get something accidentally when you are traveling, getting prepared food from venues. I remember reading an article about how she did huge amounts of garlic because she didn’t want to take antibiotics for an infection due to possibly tripping a control. Hopefully she’s remembered for what she did between the tape.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Katie is not exactly swimming in cash. We had a UFC fighter get popped. It costs a lot to dig into these cases. We were able to trace back the infraction to an IV administered after a fight in Russia, by a Russian doctor. Suspension was cut from 2 years to 1 year.

4 year suspension for first offense is, well, offensive. There are so many ways to get something accidentally when you are traveling, getting prepared food from venues. I remember reading an article about how she did huge amounts of garlic because she didn’t want to take antibiotics for an infection due to possibly tripping a control. Hopefully she’s remembered for what she did between the tape.
Obviously don’t know the details of her deal with trek, but wouldn’t they help?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Sad way to go out. Regardless of the truth, everyone will assume she cheated and knew exactly what she was doing. We've been through these stories enough times at this point.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What seems to be missing from the reports is the amount found in her sample. You can get poped for extremely low amounts, ones that clearly are not from actual regular use.

As mentioned above, not flush with cash are these riders. I'm always wondering how it's actually possible for anyone at this level of racing to actually be taking drugs as you don't have real support behind you to properly take them. We're not talking Lance days with TDF teams and lots of $$ and doctors. Makes more sense to me with Nike and their known drug problem and then Shelby Houlihan having a bad sample.

But I guess the drugs do seem to be there and accepted. When Denise Betsema got popped and came back from her suspension, it seems she was welcomed back like getting popped for PEDs isn't a big deal in elite cycling...

Guilty or not, KFC has a tarnished image at the end of her career.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking you guys were shitting on Colonel Sanders?
Me! 🙋‍♂️ KFC used to be so good. Now it's so-so.

As for Katie, she totally cheated. It's easy as shit to buy PEDs. (Ask me how I know.)
She just couldn't afford to get her blood flushed. That's some high level doping technique that only the best teams have the money to do.

serviceguy

Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking you guys were shitting on Colonel Sanders?
Nope, guilty as charged! There’s only one KFC (and I don’t even eat chicken, it’s full of drugs and if caught it would destroy my legacy). More like W(ho)TF is KFC?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What seems to be missing from the reports is the amount found in her sample. You can get poped for extremely low amounts, ones that clearly are not from actual regular use.
Other pro athletes have discussed this as being part of being pro, the need to be extra careful all the time.
As for Katie, she totally cheated. It's easy as shit to buy PEDs. (Ask me how I know.)
She just couldn't afford to get her blood flushed. That's some high level doping technique that only the best teams have the money to do.
Kudos for how gracefully you worded this.
Nope, guilty as charged! There’s only one KFC (and I don’t even eat chicken, it’s full of drugs and if caught it would destroy my legacy).
there would be some serious irony if eating at KFC was what took down KFC.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Katie is not exactly swimming in cash. We had a UFC fighter get popped. It costs a lot to dig into these cases
That’s what the news articles are saying. She’s tapped out on lawyer bills so she’s done fighting. Believable, but also convenient.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s what the news articles are saying. She’s tapped out on lawyer bills so she’s done fighting. Believable, but also convenient.

How much does someone like her make in a year? I have 0.0 idea. I’m sure fighting these orgs in court is next to impossible without a load of cash.

That said, the end of the road is there. Even if she were to get out of the ban most people would assume her guilt.

I don’t have any way of knowing what the reality of the situation is with her so it would amount to the usual Internet postulating which isn’t exactly fact-based.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
she is a rock star. she did rock star things.
she is still a rock star.

Top Bottom