Wtb: Surrey in good condition

qclabrat

What the heck, starting here in my quest for a new to me Surrey. Who's got one they don't want. Prefer a single bench but willing to consider the double. Pedal assist also good
blue.jpg

Karate Monkey

For real: They're ridiculously expensive to import (that is, the ones worth owning at all), so most people who have one probably ain't selling, BUT

Contact AP Cyclery, or the guys at Seaside (whom I can't remember the name of) and see if they're willing to sell one. If not, call...Disney. That's where the rental places get their surreys from. You still need to rent a flat bed, no matter where you go--they're heavy as hell, and you'll never get one into a pickup (even if it fit) without a winch.

qclabrat

For real: They're ridiculously expensive to import (that is, the ones worth owning at all), so most people who have one probably ain't selling, BUT

Contact AP Cyclery, or the guys at Seaside (whom I can't remember the name of) and see if they're willing to sell one. If not, call...Disney. That's where the rental places get their surreys from. You still need to rent a flat bed, no matter where you go--they're heavy as hell, and you'll never get one into a pickup (even if it fit) without a winch.
So you're saying it's heavier than my 90lb kayak? Also riding up the rt36 ramp probably not so easy

Karate Monkey

So you're saying it's heavier than my 90lb kayak? Also riding up the rt36 ramp probably not so easy
frysquinting.gif

But yes, they are...chunky. Takes two strong people to shuffle them around on the ground. The front spoked wheels are ~8 pounds by themselves, each, and the rears weigh significantly more. You need a good effort for even a minor incline, so would definitely look into an electrified conversion, or something (not aware of any that are worth buying, though).

The last time I looked 7-8 years ago, the company in Italy that manufactures them charged ~$1500 to ship it, fully assembled, in a wood crate.

qclabrat

$400 Surrey near AC on FB marketplace
Thanks, moved on after realizing the ride up the Rt36 bridge would be near impossible. Besides was looking for a turn key to ride right any way. Currently in search of an e-pedicab...

Top Bottom