WTB: steel cross/gravel frame

rlb

I'm looking for an inexpensive steel frame & fork to build up for gravel roads, tow path use etc. I'd love to find an older Salsa (Vaya, Casseroll, etc.) but anything of this sort w/ rack mounts would probably be appealing. Looking in the 58cm size range, and "standard" stuff (i.e. rim brake compatible, 130mm dropouts).

Sevenz

Built this up lat year but it has spent the majority of time sitting on the wall in the garage...No Gravel on Long Island :-( Sick build and incredibly comfortable. Would let it go for $2500. Steel Twin Six Rando Size 58. Build - Hollowgram Crank with compact 50/34 spider ring, Dura Ace 11sp RD, Ultegra hydraulic disk brake shifters, XTR Calipers, Easton EA70a 650 wheelset with WTB Byway 47 tires, Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and 3T Ergonova carbon bar. Also have matching orange fenders that I'd include.
C05zN9N.jpg

6njYXyG.jpg

rlb

Built this up lat year but it has spent the majority of time sitting on the wall in the garage...No Gravel on Long Island :-( Sick build and incredibly comfortable. Would let it go for $2500. Steel Twin Six Rando Size 58. Build - Hollowgram Crank with compact 50/34 spider ring, Dura Ace 11sp RD, Ultegra hydraulic disk brake shifters, XTR Calipers, Easton EA70a 650 wheelset with WTB Byway 47 tires, Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and 3T Ergonova carbon bar. Also have matching orange fenders that I'd include.
6njYXyG.jpg

Sounds like a nice ride, a bit outside of my budget though. I have everything else I need, just missing a frame w/ tire clearance.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why are you selling the Mr pink btw? What size tires were you running on it, and what are you thoughts on the bike overall?
Because I sized up and got a pink one. Luv it. Now if the seatpost can get unstuck...

And 28 with fenders, 34 without

Reactions: rlb

rlb

Because I sized up and got a pink one. Luv it. Now if the seatpost can get unstuck...

And 28 with fenders, 34 without

Just grabbed one from the bay.

What are the 34s? Also what brakes and BB are you running? I'm planning to adapt to a GXP BB

I want to build a 58cm replica of your bike.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just grabbed one from the bay.

What are the 34s? Also what brakes and BB are you running? I'm planning to adapt to a GXP BB

I want to build a 58cm replica of your bike.
Nice dude!
Mid reach brakes, I had the Shimano br 451: https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=46826
At the time, these were ultegra equivalent, maybe 6500 and they have been awesome, I have cleaned them good a few times and they have stayed butter and I have ridden that bike in some shit. I moved them to the new bike. @Pearl had some Tektro jawns that he claimed were good but he also rides bikes from 10 years ago and says they are good.

I had the praxis pf30 to 24mm conversion on and it was the only bb I had on that bike that I didn’t murder. Wheel manufacturing makes solid ones too.

The 34 tires was some specialized cross tire.

Reactions: rlb
Top Bottom