WTB - Shimano (not necessarily) XT 10 speed shifter, handlebar clamp type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

serviceguy

Converting my wife bike to e-bike, need to downgrade the current XT i-spec-B hydraulic brakes levers to units with sensors not I-spec-b compatibles, so I need the right, 10 speed shifter to mount on the handlebar. If you have a working one that is no use to you any longer I'm happy to purchase it from you.

Thank you!

JerseyPete

Converting my wife bike to e-bike, need to downgrade the current XT i-spec-B hydraulic brakes levers to units with sensors not I-spec-b compatibles, so I need the right, 10 speed shifter to mount on the handlebar. If you have a working one that is no use to you any longer I'm happy to purchase it from you.

Thank you!
What kit are you going with, Bafang?

serviceguy

What kit are you going with, Bafang?
Yes, the 750W BBS02. Should be here tomorrow. I just don't like the stick on sensor setup and even less the mechanical cables (even though that is what the bike originally came with). I found a set of Bafang specific hydraulic brakes (hoping to be able and use the Shimano calipers with the levers). Trying to keep it as clean an installation as possible, thinking about install a rack to disguise the battery as well eventually.

ebarker9

And I need one with an I-Spec (B?) mount! I have a Zee with a non-removable clamp that I want to use with a MatchMaker setup. (Sorry to hijack)

serviceguy

Which brakes did you go with?
Some Chinese no brand which I overpaid to have them shipped from the US.

I have a 10spd Zee shifter if that works for you.
Thank you Arnold, I'll keep that in mind, but if I'm not mistaken the Zees have shorter levers. Are they any harder then the XTs ? Asking only because I had to disable the clutch on the derailleur because it was 'too hard' to push (mind you the bike came with some Alivio or Acera) so any hardening of the feel would be a problem.

serviceguy

And I need one with an I-Spec (B?) mount! I have a Zee with a non-removable clamp that I want to use with a MatchMaker setup. (Sorry to hijack)
So you just need the top cap to convert the shifter to I-Spec-A/B ? or you want the whole shifter?

ebarker9

So you just need the top cap to convert the shifter to I-Spec-A/B ? or you want the whole shifter?

I think I need a whole shifter. Maybe I'll take a picture...I've spent a while going through the different variations and honestly can't figure it out. I have this:

(Ordered the left one because I find that works better for me positioning the right shifter). As far as I can tell there's no way of getting the Zee shifter to work with it.

serviceguy

I think I need a whole shifter. Maybe I'll take a picture...I've spent a while going through the different variations and honestly can't figure it out. I have this:

(Ordered the left one because I find that works better for me positioning the right shifter). As far as I can tell there's no way of getting the Zee shifter to work with it.
what is the model of your Zee? 10 speed? Looks like the Zee is clamp only, you would need an XT, SLX etc..

sl-m640.JPG

serviceguy

Yes, that. Hence why I'm looking for an XT, SLX, etc 10 speed shifter.
Depending on the search outcome I may have one for you, basically new (my wife rode the bike once with this setup). As I mentioned to Arnold earlier, the Zee maybe a little harder than the XT to shift, which wouldn't work for me, otherwise we could do a swap.

mtbiker87

Some Chinese no brand which I overpaid to have them shipped from the US.

Thank you Arnold, I'll keep that in mind, but if I'm not mistaken the Zees have shorter levers. Are they any harder then the XTs ? Asking only because I had to disable the clutch on the derailleur because it was 'too hard' to push (mind you the bike came with some Alivio or Acera) so any hardening of the feel would be a problem.
Never had a problem with the force needed to shift the Zee , or felt it to be much different than any other Shimano shifter, but that's me. Results may vary. I do believe it is the non removable clamp style though, but I can check to make sure if you want it.

serviceguy

Never had a problem with the force needed to shift the Zee , or felt it to be much different than any other Shimano shifter, but that's me. Results may vary. I do believe it is the non removable clamp style though, but I can check to make sure if you want it.
I hear you Arnold, but it's not me going to use it. For reference, I thought the XT shifter with the derailleur clutch engaged was the smoothest, easiest to shift I ever tried, and yet it was too hard for my wife. Thank you though, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom