WTB - Shimano GRX / Road 11 Speed Components

serviceguy

Gravel/Bikepacking curios once again picked up some drop bars for the new to me el mariachi frame. I just need the levers and read derailleur for 1x11. Staying with Shimano because I'd like to keep the XT calipers on, worst case scenario I can use a tan-pan to use the GRX shifters with the XT derailleur but I'd rather not.

Let me know what you have. Thank you.

P.S. I guess 11 speed Ultegra/Dura-Ace would also work as GRX is supposed to be fully compatible with them as well as XT brake calipers.

Last edited:

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Well, TECHNICALLY, we have them...unfortunately (of fortunately, depending on your outlook), they are attached to an AWESOME Salsa Cutthroat in Teal....cool way to use the N+1 excuse...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We've been stealing GRX off bikes to sell other bikes. If anyone knows anyone that's a 59 or 61cm and needs a Warbird or Cutty frame, we have piles of them.

serviceguy

Well, TECHNICALLY, we have them...unfortunately (of fortunately, depending on your outlook), they are attached to an AWESOME Salsa Cutthroat in Teal....cool way to use the N+1 excuse...
Tempting but…that would actually by a N+2 as the el mariachi frame is the N+1…what size and price?
We've been stealing GRX off bikes to sell other bikes. If anyone knows anyone that's a 59 or 61cm and needs a Warbird or Cutty frame, we have piles of them.
And how much would these frames cost and are they carbon ? But then, where would I get the drivetrain?!?!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Tempting but…that would actually by a N+2 as the el mariachi frame is the N+1…what size and price?

And how much would these frames cost and are they carbon ? But then, where would I get the drivetrain?!?!

They are carbon, and, you'll never get a groupset. Unless it's Campy or 9 speed Microshift. I'm actually going to run the Microshift group on Rusty to see what it's like. At least until I can get road parts again.

serviceguy

They are carbon, and, you'll never get a groupset. Unless it's Campy or 9 speed Microshift. I'm actually going to run the Microshift group on Rusty to see what it's like. At least until I can get road parts again.
I kind of figured that out. Hit a few walls lately, like trying to buy a salsa stem in a size less than 140mm…I may hit the Microshift route myself, Campy is a little too expensive I think…

Actually, it looks like they offer a version for drop bars that is compatible with the Shimano MTB 11 speed derailleur. Awesome.

Actually, crap…mechanical brakes!

Last edited:

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep

Cutthroat Carbon GRX600 in teal 60cm...(You gotta be TALL !)...$3300...
Also have Cutthroats with Apex 1 Groups, 58 cm Pink, and 58 & 60cm Black...$2900...

serviceguy

@jimvreeland , I found a take-off GRX BL-RX810-L (1x, no dropper post) in North-Bergen, purchased the matching right lever 1x11 in Japan. By the end of the year I should have a MTB-Gravel hybrid drop bar bike...I want to see how I like it before I splurge on carbon stuff for peasants.

RobW

I’ve got some take off sram brifters for mechanical brakes 10speed tho, not sure if it can make it to 11 tho. Willing to let it all go for 100

serviceguy

I’ve got some take off sram brifters for mechanical brakes 10speed tho, not sure if it can make it to 11 tho. Willing to let it all go for 100
Thanks but I've got hydraulic calipers and I've bought the brifters already.

Top Bottom