WTB saddle detached from rails

J-Dro

So today I was 'just riding along' at the Sourlands (not really, I took a 2' sideways fall to the ground. but don't worry, I'm fine, thanks for asking) and after I dusted myself off and tried to ride away, I noticed that my seat had come detached from the rails. The rails don't appear to be bent, but I am nowhere near strong enough to bend those rails enough to get them back into the slots in the saddle.

Anyone ever come across this? Is there a trick to getting it back together? Maybe send it back to WTB so they can use their machine?

Attachments

• broken seat.jpg
    broken seat.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 105

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I see I am not the only one breaking things lately :rolleyes:

I can probably bend those since I am STRONG enough to break frames :cool:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i've broken the seat on my skate bike like that.... like this but less rusty.
stuffskatebike.jpg

and on my old diamondback...
i just wound up buying a new one for the bike and pulling one out of a dumpster for the skatebike.

sourlands claimed my brake lever this week too...
n1192095097_146885_9201.jpg

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Jeff,

You can send it back to WTB. I have also had luck by clamping the rails in a vice and stetching & flexing the shell enough to get it back on. Requires a decent amount of cursing & sweating, but I have fixed several WTB's this way.

Have fun.

Gary

J-Dro

sourlands claimed my brake lever this week too...
n1192095097_146885_9201.jpg

You fell off that narrow rock bridge between those two huge boulders??? Holy crap dude. Thats gotta be a 6' fall. You better go to church or something because someone up there is looking out for you.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
You fell off that narrow rock bridge between those two huge boulders??? Holy crap dude. Thats gotta be a 6' fall. You better go to church or something because someone up there is looking out for you.

it started raining and got slippery... the worst part is i landed on my vertical handlebar and now i have a HUGE bruise on my nether regions.

J-Dro

Jeff,

You can send it back to WTB. I have also had luck by clamping the rails in a vice and stetching & flexing the shell enough to get it back on. Requires a decent amount of cursing & sweating, but I have fixed several WTB's this way.

Have fun.

Gary

Gary, I've already tried the bending in the vice while cursing and swearing trick. No luck. I think I should throw in the towel before I hurt myself and give WTB a call. I have an old spare saddle I can use in the meantime.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jeff,

Have fun.

Gary

Tony fixed mine this way. Added a bit of shoe glue & it's held since.

ArmyOfNone

Is that really you ??? AHHHH!!!

I had a wtb saddle and had one of the sides completely lose it too. :hmmm:

Top Bottom