WTB: Rear 27.5 wheel

drabina

Looking for a rear wheel for my son's bike. Either 141x9mm QR or I think 148x12mm boost would work as the rear was setup to support both from the factory. Currently, he is setup with 10 speed cassette and 6-bolt disc brake.

His rear hub is shot so I am looking for a replacement wheel before Jorba fest next weekend. Not sure any bike shops would do a rebuild in few days.

Looking for a rear wheel for my son's bike. Either 141x9mm QR or I think 148x12mm boost would work as the rear was setup to support both from the factory. Currently, he is setup with 10 speed cassette and 6-bolt disc brake.

His rear hub is shot so I am looking for a replacement wheel before Jorba fest next weekend. Not sure any bike shops would do a rebuild in few days.

Are you sure it can use QR? QR is usually 135mm and thru axle either 142 or 148. Either way you would need to swap dropouts for different spacing. Which bike is it? and pics would help.

Are you sure it can use QR? QR is usually 135mm and thru axle either 142 or 148. Either way you would need to swap dropouts for different spacing. Which bike is it? and pics would help.
141 is the qr equivalent of boost
You can basically buy end caps and use boost wheels in 141 dropouts.

I am thinking about buying a schwinn axum because of the 141 lol

The bike is Marin Hawk Hill 1. The specs for the frame say: 141 Boost Spacing (upgradable to 148x12).

Seems getting caps for a boost set would be your easiest option unless you can find a 141qr wheel. Converting to 148 also needs a new thru axle. Does the hub broken or just needs new bearings?

Last edited:
Still looking. Either 141x9mm QR or 148x12mm thru axle. Marin makes it super easy to swap QR for thru axle.

Still looking. Either 141x9mm QR or 148x12mm thru axle. Marin makes it super easy to swap QR for thru axle.
We have 2 wheels in stock...Both 148x12 TA.... 6 bolt disc...take offs from Giant bikes, (1 was from an Anthem, forgot what the other was from)... both brand new. One rim is set up for a plus size tire, the other is normal. $120 for either one. If you want the matching front, I'll come up with a package price.

We are here 10AM-6PM M-F, 10-5 Sat/Sun.

Back
Top Bottom