WTB Lock-On Grips

TimBay

Getting tired of dealing with pulling my grips on and off. Figured I'd see if anyone in the Hartshorne area has some used lock ons lying around that they want to get rid of. I'm not sure what I want/will like, so I thought it might be a good idea to try something out. Thanks.

THATmanMANNY

Do you have an air compressor?
That makes the slip on/off grip job take seconds.

You put the air nozzle in the pee hole of the bad end plug then at the other end of bar palm the grip end. The air fills the very small gap between the bar and inside of the grip and shhhwwooop slides right on/off.

My small Air compressor, is one of the best and most used tool i got.

RobW

Getting tired of dealing with pulling my grips on and off. Figured I'd see if anyone in the Hartshorne area has some used lock ons lying around that they want to get rid of. I'm not sure what I want/will like, so I thought it might be a good idea to try something out. Thanks.
when I get my ESI chunky's you can give the ODI vans edition grips I got. SUPER TACKY

TimBay

You put the air nozzle in the pee hole of the bad end plug then at the other end of bar palm the grip end. The air fills the very small gap between the bar and inside of the grip and shhhwwooop slides right on/off.

No, but on my list of house tools to get. Have some trim and projects to do... Thats a cool trick.

jklett

I did that once when my wife walked into the shop and I scared the heck out of her with a grip flying across the room! Fun times!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser

I have the donut one from HF and the damn thing is pretty loud. Because of the noise, I only fire it up when I really need it. Been using it for tubeless only. lol

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the donut one from HF and the damn thing is pretty loud. Because of the noise, I only fire it up when I really need it. Been using it for tubeless only. lol

thats bc its oil-less, you want quiet (as much as you can) you need an oiled compressor (they last longer too, but also cost more)

ekuhn

Hairspray works wonders too. Spray Bars and Inside of grip. Slides on and the hairspray gets sticky when it dries so they don't twist. Removing them, you'll need the air compressor tho.

TimBay

But wouldn't it be easier to just twist a bolt and done? Plus I want to experiment with different grips and see what I might like.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've got ODI Lock-Ons. Both Green and Blue. Cheap, but I live up north.

TimBay

That is such good advice tho… :p
T4L!
((until it gets sold))
You know all about that Talon Life. Have you ridden yours since it's rebirth?

@Norm feel free to lock this up before it goes off the rails. We can move it over to my blog.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
You know all about that Talon Life. Have you ridden yours since it's rebirth?

@Norm feel free to lock this up before it goes off the rails. We can move it over to my blog.
Around the block
But it will prolly just have pave path duties if any

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Burke, I'll take them if still around
Been meaning to hit you up for a ride, are you around this weekend?

I'm around all weekend and plan to ride every day. Wanna tour of Allamuchy? Saturday or Sunday?

Top Bottom