WTB: Cross Bars and/or Roof Bike Rack

What kind of a rack do you have that you find it easier to load the bike in the car instead?
B4 getting the rack, I used to load the bike inside my Highlander and I thought that was a pain.
I have an old Yakima tray style rack and its a breeze.

Thule 2 bike. What's could be easier than picking up your bike and putting it in the back of your vehicle?? Unless you have girly man arms and it's difficult to pick up 30 lbs?

3u575n.jpg

Thule 2 bike. What's could be easier than picking up your bike and putting it in the back of your vehicle?? Unless you have girly man arms and it's difficult to pick up 30 lbs?

View attachment 102073
Hope you are talking about something like the below and comparing the convenience of use. Because if you are, I am going to have to ask @Norm to punch you in the nuts.... because I think that's what he does.
667213_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

I might eventually go hitch. But it's like 150 and a hitch to install on the forester. And those nice hitch racks are expensive too.

Roof my driveway is to steep for me to have a hitch and not scrape everything to shit and my car is short enough I can bring it into the garage with a roof rack.
The deal I might make today has 2 thule big mouths. I'll sell you one. Also have gutter style crossbars I'll throw in if that works for your vehicle. Can bring them to sourlands.

The deal I might make today has 2 thule big mouths. I'll sell you one. Also have gutter style crossbars I'll throw in if that works for your vehicle. Can bring them to sourlands.

I'm going to pass I have to much money I am committed to spending between @JimN bike, a MacBook for my wife's Christmas gift and my new bike.

I need to buy rails for my car and cross bars after that I'll pull the trigger on 2 1ups.

I like having my bike in the car. It means that I can always have my bike with me and feel that it's reasonably safe. I keep saying I'm going to put a hitch on it and get a two bike rack just to make it easier the few times of year when I need to bring two bikes, but I've had the car like five years now and still haven't. Two bikes in the Fit is doable, but it's a pain in the ass.

I like having my bike in the car. It means that I can always have my bike with me and feel that it's reasonably safe. I keep saying I'm going to put a hitch on it and get a two bike rack just to make it easier the few times of year when I need to bring two bikes, but I've had the car like five years now and still haven't. Two bikes in the Fit is doable, but it's a pain in the ass.

Baby seats is a kick in the nuts to that flexibility which is our(@TimBay, @BPaze ) problem

tenor (10).gif

Ah, yeah that makes sense. Do they make roof racks for baby seats?

Easy there Satan

car-photo-1995-ford-ranger-mom-and-baby-seats-in-pickup-bed-children-safety-fail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom