wow - surf forecast for sunday 9/7/08!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I don't surf at all, but Christine and I usually go up there to see when it gets this big. We've gotten some pretty crazy photos over the years.

Stocky

I don't surf at all, but Christine and I usually go up there to see when it gets this big. We've gotten some pretty crazy photos over the years.

I used to make a living as a surf photog.

Sunset Beach Ohau
S13_1.jpg

Rocky Point Ohau -
S12_1.jpg

also Rocky Point
S14_1.jpg

Salt Creek , CA (I forget the surfers name )
S9_1.jpg

dualfisted

ooooohhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

Dawn patrol, Jenks or Squan. If it's not as big mantaloking or Belmar just to avoid the most crowded spots.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Someday you are going to regret living so close to the water and never paddling out.

You have an open invite. You know I have a quiver.

J_

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
closeouts galore where and when i saw it. size was good, conditions were clean, the sandbars musta been weird and/or swell direction. i heard further north - like belmar and spring lake - rights were working a bit better but the line up was clogged bigtime - many people trying to catch one rideable section at a time.

jdog

Shop Keep
Great day in the water.

So, was it good? Let's see some pictures. :)

I was out from 8-11 and got my share.

There were a million people out but as usual only a few guys were actually catching and riding waves.

I had 5 or more waves that were the longest since last winter.

Some good size despite the hard offshore winds.

I heard that tonight was crazy good.

I will be out again at daybreak for another round.

j-

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I had a pretty awesome day. Surfed with J up north in the am, waves were good but the crowd was thick. Then took the fam to watch the boat races in Point (the only time I had a camera today)

Click for original size of this one, it was my favorite boat.

Decent shorebreak shot at Jenks:

After the races I hit a more local spot and scored uncrowded super hollow overhead waves until dark.

dhsean

Awesome! Looks like it cleaned up fairly nice. I miss surfing more and more everyday. Somebody should build a surfing park so there are waves everyday for us non-local working stiffs.

jdog

Shop Keep
Got out again today from 6-10.

The size came back witht he rising tide and I had some great rides.

Fun Fun.

Some heavy neg vibes from some angry dudes but what do you expect.

...Lost

I rip

I scored big time. Finally got to use the shortboard for a change. The rights were fast, but working. Most dudes weren't catching because the strong offshores and the super-long period. These two factors added up to make the late take-off the only way to go. I was actually sitting a bit inside of the crowd and picking off anything to my liking. I always say that skateboarding vert experience is some of the best cross-training for surfing big waves since it teaches you the art of the drop.

The 025 buoy topped at 17 feet, 15 seconds. Not too shabby.

Top Bottom