Wow - nice site!

one piece crank

First post, and I'm really digging the trail info and local factor! Should be a good place to check-in on occasion. Hopefully I can tag along a few new-to-me trails...

I've been riding off-road since the late 80's and finally built-up a bike that combines my three favorite styles (BMX, Mod Trials & Mtn) into one ride - and yes, it's SS! You'll recognize me around Sourlands when you see me...

Tom P.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
First post, and I'm really digging the trail info and local factor! Should be a good place to check-in on occasion. Hopefully I can tag along a few new-to-me trails...

I've been riding off-road since the late 80's and finally built-up a bike that combines my three favorite styles (BMX, Mod Trials & Mtn) into one ride - and yes, it's SS! You'll recognize me around Sourlands when you see me...

Tom P.

How about a photo of that bike??

one piece crank

How about a photo of that bike??

Here you go...
Banshee_SS_AM.jpg

Tom P.

joeschaar

WOW.. that bike appeals to the young, coordinated rider in me. The fat, old, uncoordinated rider in me is hiding in the corner crying.:D

one piece crank

Actually, they are surplus 10-ply tires - Michelin lost a contract with NATO! So stiff you can run them without air!

No seriously, they are only 2.6's - OK generous 2.6's - Nokian Gazz on Sun Doublewides. I built it for the 3.0 Gazz, but I'm glad I went 2.6. I test-mounted the 3.0" but it didn't clear the Argyle (so they went back to ebay). The rear fit fine (slid back in the horizontal dropouts), but I'm not into the motocross look.

Yes, 24" wheels too. The frame was designed for 24 or 26, so I figured I start small, and see what changes to make for bigger hoops later on. I'm diggin' the 24's with big fat rubber, and I figure I save the weight-equivalent of 4-5" of tire/tube/rim off the same wheels in 26"!

Tom P.

alex_k

btw your bike is very cool but it becomes very dangerous for small wheels riders :D:D:D you will attack by big wheel propaganda... 29er is the official religion here:mad:

Top Bottom