Wow, 60's in January

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I was out sick yesterday -- I had eye trouble, cause I couldn't see myself going to work.

With the temps in the low 60's in January, DD- and I decided to play hookie and did a nice long road ride (trails were probably too wet). Very satifying to say the least.

Anyone else get out yesterday?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I got in a road ride at lunch, nice to not ride all decked out in winter gear!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Rode Allaire in shorts and short sleeves on Monday and Tuesday. So nice not to be all bundled up. Particularly nice to wear thin gloves instead of the big winter mitts.

Gotta savor days like these.:D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i got out on the road monday and tuesday...in SHORTS!!! it was beautiful. as for the woods, can't imagine that most places up here (north) are anything short of a muck fest right now.

xc62701

I've been on the road bike Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Got 80 miles in so far on those 3 days. It's been great to wear the shorts and not have to bundle up so warmly. Riding with the sun at your back making you all warm and toasty. It's good stuff!!!

N

Neen

I got out on the road yesterday. Shorts in January, can't ask for more than that. Saw quite a few other rides, and they all waved :p. I'll probably get out again today, although it's a tad windy right now.

Nimrod

60 degree's out, and I'm curled up on the couch with a blanket:drooling::mad2:

I got the lecture yesterday from the Doctor = "you have a massive sinus infection.... you never got over it from November.....you need to take off the next couple of days... here's 10 days worth of anti-botics..."
I'll meet the Doc half way = Gotta go to work, so I'll skip riding till Saturday or Sunday. Even then it'll be easy, putz pace

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
So sorry to hear anyone had to be sick during this spring like weather :(

I rode up to Harriman on my road bike yesterday, and without tights! yipee! It certainly was a treat. Most the snow should be melted soon. Now all we need is a few dry windy days and a hard freeze and the trails will be back in shape up here. In the mean time this warm road riding is a-o-k.

MMuller

Allaire on cross bike Tuesday with primo conditions. What the heck was I thinking wearing a light jacket and tights in January. Way over dressed. Yes, it's great, but it also sorta scares me. :hitsfan:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Shorts and short sleeves for a night ride last night on Long Island. While it's fun in a wacky sort of way, I really wish the trails would freeze up again...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm with bogner, I want these trails to freeze. I have one day for off-road this week, Saturday, and it looks like it's going to be a mud plow day if you hit the trails.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i remember riding MD is shorts and short sleeve shirt in similar temps this time last year, sans the mud.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
We usually get a warm spell in either January or Feb each year and every year the stupid new stations make a big damn deal about it. I will take it though since December was chilly

xc62701

Yea I was looking at my training log last year this time and I was active a lot. Probably because winter didn't come until mid to late Jan last year. I was out 12 times in Jan last year and 6 in Feb. And the workouts I did in Jan were long so it was nice weather to be out in.

MMuller

What scares me is when we get a warm spell in January AND February. I don't know that I would blame it on the news channels, though. Anyway, I too like the trails frozen and fast. Maybe next week.

Top Bottom