Wounded Black Bear

liong71er

manny,.that's awesome footage!!

i think he broke his hand,..while chasing rabbit or something.:D
maybe,..it's best call the ranger just inform them about it.
hopefully that little guy get better.

pedals

I hate to see this. He looks like he needs help. Keep us posted if you hear anything, Manny.. Thanks for sharing !!

giff06

I would be interested in finding out what their solution is. Will they put the time and effort (and expense) in to finding him and help him or will they look at him as a threat to park users and destroy him. Please report back on what you find out Manny.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Manny,
Ringwood State Park
1304 Sloatsburg Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456
(973) 962-2240
Fax (973) 962-2247

I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it. But you can try.

We used to have a three legged bear in the Jungle for several years. So I think survival won't be a problem for it. I am surprised it's mother wasn't around. It still looks young.

MannyL358

Wow - what time was this and what part of the park ? I was there from 8 until 10 am

This was around noon by the entrance of Otter Slide.

I called the Rangers and they ask me to call Wide-life Management. I left a message with my number but doubt they'll call back.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I would be interested in finding out what their solution is. Will they put the time and effort (and expense) in to finding him and help him or will they look at him as a threat to park users and destroy him. Please report back on what you find out Manny.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

I dont even want to get started on the whole "its too costly to help him cause its only an animal" thing :mad: ugh would they really destroy him for this?

monteverest

Just saw a message on the Vernon Police Facebook page about a black bear cub struck by a car last week. I wonder if both bears are the same ....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions