Worth it or no? For 425$

Should I for 425$

• Yea why not

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Nah waste of time and money

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Oneeatet

Giant dh team bike, frame size is 19", has manitou shiver fork with upgraded springs and newer fluid, azonic kevlar seat, knock rate seat post, manitou swinger 6 way rear shock, holzfeller isis drive crankset, azonic world force riser bars, sram x-7 rear derailleur and shifter with new rear cog and newer chain, wellgo b77 pedals, ethirteen chain guide/rock guard combo, mavic wheels and maxxas tires

The bike needs the rear suspension dog bone linkage, runs about $150, or it needs one of the linkage links rethreaded, the bolt stripped the threads. I got the bike used and the previous owner must have not checked it regularly, so it failed after a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 195

greeek32

you own it already? if so i'd helicoil that rear linkage and ride the piss out of it while you look for a cheaper fix than $150. to be honest, if the rest of the bike works pretty well, i would probably just end up spending the $150 and just fix it and then ride it like hell.

That marzocchi shiver was a cool fork (flexy, but lots of travel for drops and such) which required very little maintenance but you'll need to make something to guard those exposed stanchions or you'll scrape the hell out of them around here (think: cut up old plastic sled or something).

Oneeatet

you own it already? if so i'd helicoil that rear linkage and ride the piss out of it while you look for a cheaper fix than $150. to be honest, if the rest of the bike works pretty well, i would probably just end up spending the $150 and just fix it and then ride it like hell.

That marzocchi shiver was a cool fork (flexy, but lots of travel for drops and such) which required very little maintenance but you'll need to make something to guard those exposed stanchions or you'll scrape the hell out of them around here (think: cut up old plastic sled or something).

Thanks for your insight I'm supposed to pick it up later today I just thought I'd get a wider opinion before dropping the $$

Thanks

Johnny Utah

Always good to look at pinkbike in NJ, there are a few bikes that can we had for around $1200 with newer technology that parts are a bit more readily available for. Good luck, see you on the hill.

Johnny Utah

Then again, you can get three bills for the shiver alone if you decide against it. Provided the Shiver is sound and functional.

Oneeatet

Then again, you can get three bills for the shiver alone if you decide against it. Provided the Shiver is sound and functional.

I have a an demo 7 on the regular, this is just to mess around with I guess, i saw it for cheap and the guy said he'll do 425$ So I gave it some interest, so I'm trying to get an opinion

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Personally wouldn't waste my money on it, I would use the cash on sweet used SS or blow...

Oneeatet

So I got it and just re-tapped the thread got some spacers, just made it work just going to see what happens hahahah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 140

greeek32

definitely put something around those stanchions (like moto mud guards). Mar them up and that shiver isn't worth anything.

mark mcleod

Giant dh team bike, frame size is 19", has manitou shiver fork with upgraded springs and newer fluid, azonic kevlar seat, knock rate seat post, manitou swinger 6 way rear shock, holzfeller isis drive crankset, azonic world force riser bars, sram x-7 rear derailleur and shifter with new rear cog and newer chain, wellgo b77 pedals, ethirteen chain guide/rock guard combo, mavic wheels and maxxas tires

The bike needs the rear suspension dog bone linkage, runs about $150, or it needs one of the linkage links rethreaded, the bolt stripped the threads. I got the bike used and the previous owner must have not checked it regularly, so it failed after a little bit.
Those are nice Marzocchi Shivers sweet fork I have the 2002 WC edition, just finished the custom 200mm travel 888 RC2X cartridge upgrade and custom stanchion guards with my ultimate WC decal package, thinking on maybe attempting the uni-flex arch stanchion guards for the next build to have my ultimate guard set.

mark mcleod

Here's my Shiver DC RC2XVA 1/2 done it's decal kit[GALLERY=media, 508]DSCF5809 by mark mcleod posted May 27, 2015 at 12:27 AM[/GALLERY]

Top Bottom