World Cup

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Sorry Kush, I am not keeping up with my Ukranian politics these days, but nice contribution....this thread needs more traffic!:getsome:

totally unrelated to Ukraine....but looking fwd to 2014

brazil_sexy_world_cup_2010_babe.jpg

jimjo

im really glad i found this thread :)

finally some others who are really interested in real entertainment.... i mean football.

what do you think is arsenal going ot pull it off this year?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
you mean in the League or the Champs or both :hmmm:

They won yesterday ;) Pretty close race, I haven't been watching the Premier games this year, as much as I try, I can't get to watch all the futbol + football that I would like.

Too early yo tell, but I doubt they have enough to keep the pressure on the usual suspects Chelsea & ManU....at least they will probably make it to the Champions again.

In the Champs they need to win on Thursday, which they should at home against that weak Swedish team. Once they make it to the Final 16...anything can happen. But they will have pretty serious competition.

speaking of Arsenal....this doesn't look good :D

el-clasico-banquito.jpg

changing countries...Ronaldo 'woke up' yesterday and Real Madrid rebounded from their 0-5 loss and beat Valencia 2-0.....but Barcelona did their thing and 3-0 over Osasuna.....this is the only exiting thing in LA LIGA, since the other teams are no match for any of these two....

switching continents....today is the 2nd game of the final in Mexico, with the other team from my city, Monterrey, which I hate, against Santos from Torreon...I am trying to find a 'postable' pic of the lady who showed her "2 trophies" during the 1st game...Monterrey is down 2-3 and I hope it stays that way...Could not tolerate all the email and Crapbook posts about Monterrey if they win :mad: I have to say, I am like Pearl on this one, I rather see Monterrey lose and nothing would make me happier, than actually watching my team win :mad:

but enough chatter, since the Thread followers are not here for the text ;)

I wonder which futbol will get more viewers in Brazil next WC....the one on the stadiums or the one on the beach

161010VR34.jpg

jimjo

the league i dont think that they have enough experience to take the CL

chelsea had a great start but is clearly not firing on all cylinders.

man u is just barely looking consistant with the exception of berbatov. maybe with rooney back in the fold they might pick it up a bit
but i think that age is going to catch up with them at the end of this season.

then again there is always tottenham and man city as the hopeful wild cards.

barca and rm are really the only two it'll be interesting to see what happens with kaka back. benzema needs to start putting up or get transferred... he is just wasting away there

i dont follow much of mexico

but switching to italy..that league is as bad as as spain with milan and inter (well the inter that existed before benitez) being the only two teams worth watching. i think there might be a mass exodus at inter in january if they cant turn things around.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i dont follow much of mexico

I dont blame you...It is hard for me to follow it either with their bullshit "politics" and their boring game compared to Europe.

So the 'other' team from Monterrey, "Monterrey", won yesterday. I am so pissed :mad::mad::mad:

Here are a couple of shots from the final. On the 1st pic, i think the 1st one is a guy :(. I just put this picture, because in the background is the most popular landmark from the city. The Saddle Mountain (Cerro de la Silla). The stadium where the final was played is from the University I went to.

39447.jpg

39448.jpg

39055.jpg

not the best material, but is all I had as I looked up this morning's news paper over the net....

Going back to EPL, Tottenham is playing good too, I agree, I have seen some of the Champions matches and that guy Bale, the wing is a superstar, just so much fun to watch. They play tomorrow on the CL, but they are already qualified to the next round. They beat Inter once already on the CL. They also have Giovanni Dos Santos, one of the few Mexicans in the EPL. He hasn't seen any action on the CL yet :( because of injury, but I also think he might've gone as a 'loaner' to Galatasaray (Turkey)...cant remember.

Italian football is fun to watch, a lot more than watching the actual Italian National team...but again, those same 2-3 teams are always at the top. Except this year, since Inter is sucking (I think Inter is missing Mourinho) they are giving opportunity to Lazio and others....Maybe this year Inter wont even make it to the CL...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
There is still stuff going on in the FUTBOL wolrd but who cares anyway (other than me)....

So this year I'm looking forward to Gold Cup here in the USA (June).
Couple of games at Red Bull Arena and Quarters at Giants Stadium
also, Copa America 2011 in Argentina (July)

Something to warm you up til then....and it happens to be bike related! :popcorn:

10_bar-refaeli_09.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
too much snow.........................:cry::cry::cry:

108332082_10.jpg

February 15 can't come soon enough....

UEFA Champions League: AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
what about arsenal and barcelona??
there are some big time match ups in this first round...should be very exciting

That is February 16 silly!:D
You are just looking for another excuse for this:

senadoras-fotos-semana-2-1_590x395.jpg

February 23 also very interesting Bayern vs Inter
you would think Real, Man U and Chelsea should advance with no problems, but you never know

probably Roma-Schaktar the least interesting game of this round.

Glenlivet12

I like futball but I love hockey!

Attachments

• HeresWhy-1.jpg
    HeresWhy-1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 38
  • HeresWhy-2.jpg
    HeresWhy-2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 38
  • HeresWhy-3.jpg
    HeresWhy-3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 37
  • HeresWhy-6.jpg
    HeresWhy-6.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 36
  • HeresWhy-5.jpg
    HeresWhy-5.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jimjo

That is February 16 silly!:D
You are just looking for another excuse for this:

senadoras-fotos-semana-2-1_590x395.jpg

February 23 also very interesting Bayern vs Inter
you would think Real, Man U and Chelsea should advance with no problems, but you never know

probably Roma-Schaktar the least interesting game of this round.

yes thats very exciting.... er um i mean your right that game should be very exciting

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
mmmh, I like hockey too!!! ever since they got cheerleaders :rolleyes:

Seems like a bunch of teams got on the bandwagon and added ICE GIRLS...Attendance must be low or all Zamboni drivers are on strike :popcorn:

Philly
flyers-ice-girl-APA102016034.jpg

Atlanta
thrashers-blue-crew-ice-girl-107230044_10.jpg

Dallas
dallas-stars-ice-girl%2809%29.jpg

I think Chicago wins!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
The NY Islanders caved in...... :cool:

76458.jpg

Sorry, that was last night at the Georgia Dome - Some Bosnian fan trying to make the headlines. Mexico 2 - Bosnia 0, first game (friendly match) of our new coach. Hopefully he will make it until the 2014 World Cup.

These are the Islanders girls ;)

islanders-ice-girl-107197508_10.jpg

islanders-ice-girl-107611585_10.jpg

Chicago is still on the lead!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Looky Looky, so Christiano Ronaldo's russian girlfriend made the cover of this year's SI swimsuit issue.

4066243.jpg

11_irina-shayk_05.jpg

Milan v Tottenham / Valencia v Schalke about to start!!! :getsome:

jimjo

Looky Looky, so Christiano Ronaldo's russian girlfriend made the cover of this year's SI swimsuit issue.

4066243.jpg

11_irina-shayk_05.jpg

Milan v Tottenham / Valencia v Schalke about to start!!! :getsome:

That's what you get when your one of the top footballers in the world.

I'm so stoked tottenham squeaked out the win. And without gattuso for the next match milan is f'd

Arsenal and barcelona should be amazing today!!!

Top Bottom