World Cup

Pampa

Congratulations elzoller! Didn't see the game but I heard good comments about your U17 team. We were walking the "loose rope" today against a young Costa Rican team and finally were able to pull it off (3-0) so we're still in play in the Copa America.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Thanks Pampa!
but the opposite happened now at Copa America with the Mexican Team
What a disgrace!!!....scored only 1 goal, 3 games = 3 loses and are headed back home.

Yep..Argentina IN! and now vs Uruguay in the quarters...

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!
argentina-vs-costa-rica-11_590x395.jpg

SONRISAS-hincha-argentino-AFP_CLAIMA20110709_0200_4.jpg

*looks like this Argentinian fan found a nice Paraguayan friend
vs

Uruguay
tnUruguay3_display_image.jpg
CHARRUA-hincha-uruguaya-Mendoza-AFP_CLAIMA20110709_0194_4.jpg

Pampa

I saw the game last night. Yep, Mexico didn't play very well. I know they had several young players on the team but not sure if it was by choice or necessity.

Argentina finally played decently. Although I hated when after the 2nd goal they pulled back and started fooling around with the ball. They always speculate like that and that has backfired on us several times. BTW, the fans in red and white with the Argentinean fans are Costa Rican :) Look at the "Tico" caps. I happen to know b/c my son's best friend is Costa Rican.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
..... BTW, the fans in red and white with the Argentinean fans are Costa Rican :) Look at the "Tico" caps. I happen to know b/c my son's best friend is Costa Rican.

are you saying I dont know my geography/history/colors???....:p

It doesn't read Tico...but TIGO...a telecom company (http://www.tigo.com.hn/seccion/mundo-tigo) ....clever product placement..
look at all the Jerseys around her, they are Paraguayan....she my friend, is the new LARISSA....

copa1.jpg

copa7.jpg

Very weak playing in the Copa America, all the supposed 'stars' haven't played as expected. There wasn't a team who won all their first 3 matches.

The quarters are set:
Colombia - Peru (im taking Colombia)
Argentina - Uruguay (im taking Argentina)
Brazil - Paraguay (im taking Brazil, although they tied 2-2 the first match)
Chile - Venezuela (im taking Chile)
so what, I went with all the favorites....
Venezuela is surprising everybody coming from behind to tie Paraguay 3-3 and tying with Brazil 0-0, so they can give Chile a run for their money and so does Paraguay to Brazil and of course Uruguay to Argentina...due to the current level of play it is pretty much equal chances, except for the weakest Peru.

Good going for the American team in the WWC, now they play the final against the surprise JAPAN, who killed Mexico 4-0, then went on and eliminated the current champs Germany and the strong Swedish team.
Looks like a Pearl Harbor revenge in the making....

Go USA!

heather-mitts_display_image_display_image.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
When I was a kid I would use "slugs" to beat the soda machine at the gas station down the block. The "slugs" were the same size as quarters and were from Uruguay

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
oh crap...i jinxed it...I was just about to post the USA women's 1-0 over Japan and after a big mistake the Japanese just tied....

Usa Goal by Alex Morgan....

images

tumblr_lnxxecXBEI1qlr1lno1_500.jpg

tumblr_lo8ecfnL2O1qlr1lno1_500.jpg

Dirtdog

USA team dominated the bALL THE WHOLE GAME,they had like 14 shots on goal,the JAPS LOOKED LIKE THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THIS LEAGUE,YET THEY WON.My coach said the score board tells the story.Go figure.congrats to Japan.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Your coach is right.
You can add that this sport is about MAKING the GOALS and NOT DESERVING THE GOALS. You can have a million chances and dominate the game, but if you dont put the ball behind the net then you are not going to win. This applies to the Brazil vs Paraguay and Argentina vs Uruguay games of this past weekend as well.

Great game by the USA, but come on, when you are in a championship like this you have to practice the penalty kicks because you know it is a very good probability that you will end up there. You can't kick like that at this level of the game. It is a shame because they played a great game and once you go to penalty kicks anything can happen, and as I said above, it doesn't matter that you controlled the game and generated more chances....and we all know what happened. Plus, 2 times they let the Japanese team tie them. Very bad mistake on the 1st goal... and the 2nd goal, come on!!! a 3ft high Japanese girl beats you in the box to score....unreal.
Good for Japan, they win it for the first time and it might help them cheer up after the terrible things they went through just recently with the earthquake/tsunami/meltdown.

But if you think the USA ladies can't shoot penalty kicks?!?!? OMG you should've seen Brazil in the Copa America...after a boring 0-0 tie, in which Brazil also dominated the whole game. BTW, I don't like Paraguay, they just come out there to defend themselves, I hate that type of game, but I digress. On the penalty kicks, Brazil, the 5 time world champions and supposedly the best team in the world Missed 4 penalty kicks!!! and not even close, I think some balls might even landed outside of the stadium, it was comical.
Uruguay played a smart game vs the Argentinians and in penalty kicks advance to the semis...Tevez missed for Argentina, I am sure he will not be getting the millionaire contract he is looking for in Europe now...he had a poor showing all tournament and was even benched after the 1st or 2nd game.

In general the Copa America has seen very few goals and very poor playing.
Oh boy, I sucked at this....I got all my predictions wrong...
The semifinals are:
Uruguay-Peru (rematch from group stage 1-1)
Venezuela-Paraguay (rematch from group stage 3-3)

Games do not look exciting at all. Based on Futbol History you think Uruguay will win it all, but this is the weirdest Copa America I can remember so probably Venezuela is going to win.

I bet now the Mexican Futbol Federation is banging their heads in the wall for not sending the MAIN team to this competition now that all the 'strong' teams are out (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile)...it would've been a perfect chance to win the cup.

And now, ladies in trampolines, or something like that....

bellas-en-brasil-12_409x611.jpg

bellas-en-brasil-6_409x611.jpg

bellas-en-brasil_590x395.jpg

bellas-feos-y-locos-por-46_416x594.jpg

jimjo

us women blew it. they had the lead twice. they had two mental lapses and they paid the price. they made it to the finals by their tenacity and their mental toughness and in the end thats what cost them. they got lax if only for a few seconds. and the the "heart" of the japanese is what won that game.
they played excellent up until the point where they missed THREE pks ...thats embarassing.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
soooooo....
I have been very pissed off with the ugly games at Copa America this year, but very much pissed off at Paraguay who are going to play the final vs Uruguay later today.

I have always hated the Paraguayan style of play, only playing to defend themselves and provide a very lousy 'show'. But this time they just took advantage of a system, that is putting in evidence what many americans constantly point out like...How can you tie a game? There should always be a tiebreaker, or What's the point of penalty kicks? that is a lousy way to decide a game....Well Paraguay is in the final by tying ALL THEIR GAMES!!! I repeat Paraguay is in the final of the tournament without winning a SINGLE FUCKING GAME. And as much as I hate them, I want to see them tie and win the final in penalty kicks, to become the first team in history to win a tournament without winning a single match!!! UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!! Fukking Mediocre Bastards!
3 of those ties were 0-0!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! and in the semifinal against Venezuela they were clearly outplayed and didnt deserve the win, but we have discussed before you dont deserve the win, you have to finish it by scoring. And the bastards did the same in the World Cup last year, they reached the quaterfinals by just winning one game out of the 5 they payed!!!

ARRGH, I can't even talk about it anymore without my stomach turning....
The only thing I like about Paraguay are the fans!!

bellas-en-brasil-8_409x611.jpg

bellas-feos-y-locos-por-40_590x395.jpg

bellas-feos-y-locos-por-18_399x594.jpg

bellas-feos-y-locos-por-5_529x594.jpg

and what about Peru....they won the 3rd place match yesterday over Venezuela 4-1!! a big surprise for everybody.

gal_copa_02.jpg

irina-grandez-daysi-araujo-soccer-busy-fifa-football-300x166.jpg

timthumb.php

/IMG]
timthumb.php

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
and Justice was done...Paraguay got its ASS kicked and Uruguay is the 2011 Copa America champions with a 3-0 score over the Paraguayans.
This makes Uruguay the most successful team in Copa America history (the oldest international futbol tournament, BTW) with 15 wins over Argentina with 14 and Brazil a bit behind with 8.

el-momento-mas-esperado-uruguay-levanta-la-copa-america-argentina-2011-0.jpg

uruguay-vs-paraguay-21_409x611.jpg

I tell you, ever since before the World Cup, the Uruguayan female fan base is nowhere to be found....WTF!

Farewell Paraguayan fans!

la-belleza-sudamericana-no-podia-faltar.jpg

uruguay-vs-paraguay-22_409x611.jpg

habia-que-apoyar-a-como-diera-lugar.jpg

So you think now... Geez finally this is over, no more futbol talk for a while....well, not to fear, the U-20 World Cup starts on Friday in Colombia...looking forward for the Colombian fans! We shall see how Mexico does in this tournament, unfortunately the USA didn't qualify for this one.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So you think now... Geez finally this is over, no more futbol talk for a while....well, not to fear, the U-20 World Cup starts on Friday in Colombia...looking forward for the Colombian fans! We shall see how Mexico does in this tournament, unfortunately the USA didn't qualify for this one.

I am so f-ing confused, was this the female or male world cup?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I am so f-ing confused, was this the female or male world cup?

haha, not be confused...there has been plenty of events lately

2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup - in USA - June 5–25 - Mexico won (Men)
2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup - in Mexico - 18 June – 10 July - Mexico won (Men)
2011 FIFA Women's World Cup - in Germany - 26 June – 17 July - Japan won (over the USA) - (Women)
2011 Copa América - in Argentina - July 1 – July 24 - Uruguay won (Men)
2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup - in Colombia - 29 July – 20 August - ???? (Men)

its all easy, just like this...

1311333899379_cheer7.jpg

I miss Paraguay (fans) already....of course she went ahead and had her own photo shoot.

otra6.jpg

patty.jpg

Top Bottom