World Cup

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Ay Caramba! The GERMANS are coming!

Later this month, the Women's Soccer World Cup will take place in Germany.
The german team has won the last 2 world cups and they are looking for their 3rd. To celebrate this, some of their players have decided to pose for a popular Men's magazine which will hit newsstands soon.

In the meantime...

seleccion-alemana.jpg

BTW, The USA has also won the WC twice and Norway once. This tourney only started in 1991.

BTW2, Mexico, USA and Canada (for those Canadians out there) are qualified for the 2011 edition.

USA has the toughest group with Defending Champions and hosts Germany as well as the runner-ups Brazil and the weakest of the three, Japan.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Oy Vay! with the USA team!!!

The USA lost yesterday vs Panama 1-2. First time the USA loses a game in the first round of the Gold Cup.

usa+fans.jpg

Mexico vs Costa Rica today.

I hope Costa Rica doesn't use their best export (below) to distract the Mexican team...

priscilla-barrantes-19.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oy Vay! with the USA team!!!

The USA lost yesterday vs Panama 1-2. First time the USA loses a game in the first round of the Gold Cup.

Not to distract everyone from the main purpose of this thread by talking about soccer, but seriously wtf.

Why can't the US come out and play well from the start? They are sluggish and play like crap for 70 minutes, and then all of a sudden they start playing great (ok, semi-decent) soccer. Donovan didn't do anything all game (with the exception of sending in some nice crosses on set plays), and then in the last ten minutes or so he had two really nice runs into the box. Where was that in the first half? And how do you kick the ball over an open net from five feet away...

We also obviously have some major defensive problems. If we even reach the point where we can play Mexico, Chicharito is going to score at least twelve goals.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
who was that dumbass guy that missed that goal with the open net yesterday?...if this was colombia tomorrow he would be dead :popcorn:

Speaking of Chicharito...this mexican actress has declared she is chichariot's #1 fan....lucky b@st*rd! I can imagine is just a matter of time before he hits that. :popcorn:

Vanessa-Arias-12-610x813.jpg

btw...she just appeared on the cover of the most famous men's magazine (mexican version)....google it ;) Vanessa Arias

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
who was that dumbass guy that missed that goal with the open net yesterday?...if this was colombia tomorrow he would be dead :popcorn:

Chris Wondolowski, he came on as a sub late in the game. What a mistake. My mom could have put that ball in the back of the net.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO! What a beating Mexico gave Costa Rica, 4-1

I bet you these gals were not so happy at the end of the game
_AIS8721_20110611164648961_600_400.JPG

vs
_AIS9767_20110611164812969_600_400.JPG

USA later tonite vs Guadaloupe....should be an easy win, but you never know after their last outing....
US-Soccer-Fan.jpg

Got my tkts to the Quarters @ Meadowlands this Sat!!
Honduras vs Costa Rica on the first match
and then
Mexico vs Guatemala or Canada or USA (still possible)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
What a horrible game the USA played last night vs Guadaloupe , They barely won 1-0 against a very weak team. Donovan, Dempsey and gang were nowhere near their usual level of play. They better get their $hit together on Sunday when they face the undefeated Jamaican team.

In the meantime, tonight is the 1st leg of the COPA LIBERTADORES final, which is to find the best team from all leagues in South America and Mexico.

Peñarol (Uruguay) vs Santos (Brazil)

Santos01.jpg
VS
DSC_0209.JPG

I think I prefer Santos

Santos03.jpg
Santos07.jpg

Santos is one of the most successful teams in Brazil if not the most. The most famous futbol player in the world Pele played all his career in Brazil at Santos.
On the other hand Peñarol is the most succesful team in Uruguay, but that doesn't say much, since competition is not as tough in Uruguay as it is in Brazil.

should be a good game tonight.
16_15_CopaLib_tunein_20110608141657611_0_0.PNG

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a horrible game the USA played last night vs Guadaloupe , They barely won 1-0 against a very weak team. Donovan, Dempsey and gang were nowhere near their usual level of play. They better get their $hit together on Sunday when they face the undefeated Jamaican team.

For real. I was sure they were going to blow it. I'm pretty worried about Sunday now.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I never looked at this thread before because IRCG2S but I have just witnessed that Latin love is well still very much alive. Zoller you horn dog!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I never looked at this thread before because IRCG2S but I have just witnessed that Latin love is well still very much alive. Zoller you horn dog!

IRCG2S :hmmm:

Is either this or pictures and stories about all the fu*king drug crap that is going on in my country. Well, those pictures would really belong on that thread that should remain nameless. Such a shame. Yesterday was a record breaking day in Monterrey with 32 drug related murders, slayings, etc. TWO of the governor's (Governor of Nuevo Leon, my state, which capital is Monterrey) bodyguards were found in buckets and bags in the middle of the street along with a nasty message for him.

So this thread helps me take my mind away from the real $hit that is going on....

on with the happy thoughts...

NICE SHOES!
20110613_2751_20110616131254440_600_400.JPG

20110606_911_20110616131110432_600_400.JPG

But back to FUTBOL, the main topic of this thread :rolleyes:

This Friday, the UNDER 17 FIFA WORLD CUP BEGINS in none other than.....MEXICO! I don't get how the recent wave of violence and lack of security didn't persuade the Organizers of having this event in Mexico. 24 teams are participating including the USA and of course MEX. Mexico won this championship back in 2005, but Switzerland is the defending champion.

I hope all goes smooth...

Then next week (26th) the WOMENS WORLD CUP starts in Germany. 16 teams, and as I mentioned before both the USA and MEX are participating.

and finally, what a snoozer the LIBERTADORES final (1st leg) 0-0 between Santos & Penarol.

kelly_musa_santos.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Zoller it means soccer doesn't interest me but I have been bored with the threads lately so stumbled upon this. I suppose if the title was girls of soccer then I may have been by sooner.

Everything you hear thats going on in your homeland is just fucking crazy, it's wild west all over again but worst...

RNG1

Chris Wondolowski, he came on as a sub late in the game. What a mistake. My mom could have put that ball in the back of the net.

Please don't mention your mom in the context of this thread...

BTW is that really the german women's team up there? Like when are they playing? I would watch that.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Zoller it means soccer doesn't interest me but I have been bored with the threads lately so stumbled upon this. I suppose if the title was girls of soccer then I may have been by sooner.

Everything you hear thats going on in your homeland is just fucking crazy, it's wild west all over again but worst...

what a polite way to say it....."I Really Couldn't Give 2 Shits", I GOT IT!!! and google wasn't any help....I couldn't sleep trying to decipher ur code...:D

Welcome to the best thread in the WEBS then....

On to soccer news....

Well the Gold Cup isn't over yet and it seems like its big brother Copa America wants to take away all the attention, and what a clever plot they came up with...The MARSHMALLOW COPA AMERICA...Oh well, that didnt translate well, literally...let's try the Honeys Copa America...

1st MATCH: MEXICO: Marisol Gonzalez vs Salma Hayek
duelo_mexico-1308170420.jpg

fakking guys, couldn't they pick a Salma Hayek picture without a kid in it, especially for the purposes of their contest...unreal.
Well, this happened yesterday and the winner is SALMA HAYEK.

Let's see how well u guys do ...

Todays Match:

BOLIVIA: Claudia Arce vs. Andrea Herrera
duelo_bolivia_1-1308251157.jpg

Stay tuned for results tomorrow

RNG1

No surprise with the Salma win. I didn't notice the kid at first now it looks like she's got him in a head lock. OK no more kid or mom mentions.
I pick Claudia for the clear winner btw judging from the neck only to keep it fair.

Top Bottom