World Cup DH back this weekend!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Those are the practice times. Qualifying times are all over the place with rain coming down:

1st. Joe Breeden: 4:07.982
2nd. Davide Palazzari: +1.083
3rd. Faustin Figaret: +1.983
4th. Forrest Riesco: +2.277
5th. Brook Macdonald: +6.453
6th. Amaury Pierron: +7.314
7th. Jack Reading: +8.076
8th. Francisco Pardal: +8.951
9th. Laurie Greenland: +10.589
10th. Rafael Gutierrez Villegas: +11.212

Yep totally miswrote that lol. I shouldn't even care about the timed practice runs but I was chomping at the bit after a few weeks away. Qualies were whacked and Harrison didnt make the cut ugh.

oobaa47

Is Von Klebesburg the jeans dude? That is so fn awesome! A privateer with probably zero backing ripping it up with the fastest riders in the world, wearing a pair of Levi's.

Please no spoilers, I hope to watch the replay tomorrow night. If someone has a link, can they please post it here? Thanks. Every time I go searching for the replay, I stumble across the results......

Track looks totally gnarly by the way. Insanely rough, and ridiculously steep as well.

mtbiker87

Was a good race. Nice to see some lesser known riders get some tv time, with most of them making good use of it. Greenland's run was awesome, he deserved that win. Same for Cabirou in the women's.

serviceguy

Is Von Klebesburg the jeans dude? That is so fn awesome! A privateer with probably zero backing ripping it up with the fastest riders in the world, wearing a pair of Levi's.

Please no spoilers, I hope to watch the replay tomorrow night. If someone has a link, can they please post it here? Thanks. Every time I go searching for the replay, I stumble across the results......

Track looks totally gnarly by the way. Insanely rough, and ridiculously steep as well.

There you go

Women's Finals

Men's Finals

Ian F

Yep! Great race for the both the women and men.

Hopefully, this puts a fire under Tracey for next weekend.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I should probably note I'm not a hater for Pierron and Bruni as much as I just can't stand to see the same guys winning week after week. Its boring, even when it was gwin 2 years ago (well, kind of). And to see Greenland win one after several years in the hunt was great. And he's short like me (seriously though did you see the podium? Bruni was like 6 inches taller). Anyway I'm also happy for trummer again and I'm curious what team he'll be leading next year. And even pierrons brother who was in the hot seat for like an hour and ended up finishing top 10. Why they never showed the hot seat this race is beyond me.

Bummed for brosnan who hasn't won a world cup in 2 years now though is on nearly every podium. Bummed for charlie Harrison who didnt qualify after looking good earlier in the week. Shaw, neko and dakatoh I'm slowly losing hope on ever podiuming. It's like the french guys have raised the game and now most everyone else is a full step behind.

One last note - Did you see Pierron get interviewed after the race? He may love Bruni like a brother but spoke about Bruni extending his lead in the overall like it will keep him up at night for a week. THATS what you're supposed to do. None of this I'm happy if you're happy bullshit. That dude is a killer and will never be happy unless he's atop the podium. Vergier Brosnan and all the americans not named gwin - take note.

Ian F

Your favorite rider should be Danny Hart. Unless he's won, he never looks happy. Although with this race he definitely had every right to be grumpy - getting a flat and STILL getting on the podium. I'm sure he's wondering what could have been. But I've been there as well and that's racing sometimes.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Your favorite rider should be Danny Hart. Unless he's won, he never looks happy. Although with this race he definitely had every right to be grumpy - getting a flat and STILL getting on the podium. I'm sure he's wondering what could have been. But I've been there as well and that's racing sometimes.

Love danny. Hopefully he holds his head high especially as another British rider does so well. He's a character and driven. Loved seeing his local park and skate park clips in the Rob Meets episode. He's my son's favorite rider.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Lenzerheide coming up! Gonna be a super fast course with brosnan and hart already under three minutes. Looking forward to a fast course after val di sole.

Timed practice (charlie harrison was 12th):

1st. Troy Brosnan: 2:57.339
2nd. Danny Hart: +0.179
3rd. Dean Lucas: +2.415
4th. Michael Jones: +3.381
5th. Loic Bruni: +3.442
6th. Brook Macdonald: +4.067
7th. Brendan Fairclough: +4.781
8th. Finn Iles: +4.829
9th. Dakotah Norton: +4.993
10th. Laurie Greenland: +5.346

Bruni won last year with maes hart vergier and gwin on the podium. Minaar won 2 years ago with brosnan and hart behind him, though that was the race gwin was dominating before losing his tire in the final stretch.

I'd love to see hart brosnan or even minaar win this year. Or maybe the bulldog or brendog.

Last edited:

oobaa47

Three Americans qualified in the top 15, awesome showing.... Dakota, Luca, and Neko all in the top 15, with Charlie Harrison making it in the top 30 (29th).... Bummed for Bruce Klein, who finished 61st, which I believe means he doesn't make it as they reduced the qualifying from 80 to 60 this year, if my memory serves me correctly.....

Ian F

Hot damn, those were a great couple of races. Snowshoe will be awesome to watch in person.

No real spoilers for a couple of days other than saying it's great to see Neko FINALLY put down a competitive run this year, finishing a bit outside the top 10.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Hot damn, those were a great couple of races. Snowshoe will be awesome to watch in person.

No real spoilers for a couple of days other than saying it's great to see Neko FINALLY put down a competitive run this year, finishing a bit outside the top 10.

Today was good. Not as exciting as val di sole but the course was fast and some guys lit it up. I'm a little let down, but the fastest guy always wins. I enjoyed the ladies race too.

Still haven't decided if my son and I are traveling to mont st anne again this year. I really enjoyed going last year and overall it's not an expensive trip (maybe a little over $200 a night at the host hotel?) But I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Gwin should be back though it's highly unlikely he'll compete for the win.

Ian F

I definitely need to get to a race at MSA at some point, but not in the cards for this year. It's still way up there... nearly 7 hours from where I am now in Portsmouth, NH. And it'll be a tough one for the team drivers - about 965 miles and 16 hrs from there to Snowshoe. Which is essentially what I would have to do as well were I to attempt both (since I already have reservations at Snowshoe and some of my DC teammates plan to be there as well). Plus, I still haven't gotten around to renewing my passport... :oops:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
XC related but I saw Mathieu van der pole is done for the season after today's race. Not doing MSA or snowshoe. Dude is crazy.

Ian F

Yep. He has said that since the beginning of the season. He also skipped one of the events - something about needing rest after the cross and spring (road) classics. If he raced DH, he'd be the Tomac of this era.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Dropped my son off at woodward in PA today for a week of park, trail, and big dirt jump riding. Sweet jesus that place is like heaven if you like bikes. They have a indoor ramp and foam pit where you can practice tricks before taking them outside. Brought his bmx and his dirt jumper and I'm curious which he'll ride more.

Top Bottom