Word

Glancing Aft

Hey all, I was tipped to this site by one of the moderators yesterday while riding up at the Tourne (I forget his name already, I’m the worst with that)

I don’t really know what to say, so I’ll ramble about myself for a sec. I’m just getting back into mountain biking this year. I grew up in Ringwood with the park literally in my back yard, so from when I was about 13, in 93, till when I moved out in 99 I rode all the time. During college I found myself mostly rock climbing and road biking so I drifted from the sport. However, a friend got me back into it this year, I bought a new bike, and signed up for 24 hrs of Allamuchy. It’s been great being back in it so far, I live in Boonton now so I’m riding at the Tourne a few times a week.

Well I’ll be posting on here and hopefully I’ll see some of you out there,
Will

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hey Will, that was me that found your tools on the trail and told you about the site. I'm surprised at how many Tourne locals we have here.

Anway, welcome to the site!

Glancing Aft

I really just got the bike and have only been out on it I think six times, so can’t give a full review yet but for the most part I’m loving it! It’s my first FS bike and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with it’s hill climbing capabilities, not as much bounce with the single pivot as I had feared, although up in Ringwood I did struggle on some stuff I used to get up okay on with my hardtail. On the downhills and in the chop it’s absolutely amazing, such a fast bike there. My only complaint, and it’s something I’ll have to bring to the shop, is that the front hub has started to make a really annoying squealing sound. I’ve taken it apart, cleaned it out, but haven’t had any luck with it. Any other Cannondale riders out there with a Lefty that have had the same problem?

Shaggz

A strong 7
i used to ride a jekyll, and had problems with both hubs, which were eventually rebuilt (certainly cheaper than replacing the wheelset). the lefty is such a great fork - have fun with it. i sure miss mine. where did you get your bike?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
Who found those tools? and the person they belonged to? ;) :D

I should add that Jay did carry the tools, as I did not have any pockets/bag/pack to do so.

lol, minor details...

NJ Jess

Welcome back

Nice to have you back. There is a H2H mtb race at Kittatinny SP in Sunday June 25th. Come watch the race and get inspired! Go TeamBulldog! smiles, jess

Top Bottom