Team MTBNJ Halter's
After 10 years, my Crappondale/Deadshok ride has got some death rattles. I think it’s finally time for me to get a new bike. Any suggestions on what to get? (or what NOT to get?)
- Single Speed
- Full Rigid
- Disc brakes
- Indestructible (I only weight like a buck sixty, but I tend to break stuff)
- Material: A bit less harsh than my aluminum Cannondale F600, but not too noodley. (steel? scandium? titanium? carbon?)
- Size: longer than my Medium F600 (I’m 6’1” tall), but similarly low standover height
- Price: Must be a good value. Not necessarily low price. I'll gladly pay for quality, reliability and a lifetime warranty. I won't pay just for brand/image/exclusivity.
- Sliding vertical rear dropout (preferably not EBB or horizontal dropout, definitely not singleator-type tensioner)
- 26”…I think
- I’m willing/able to build the bike, or I’d be happy to buy it complete if it's spec’ed right.
- I’d also consider buying a used (but not abused) bike.
- I'd prefer to Demo before I buy.