Woods Hollow race this Saturday ...

THATmanMANNY

Unfortunately it will be my first race of the summer. Fortunately, I'll be there kitted out in Rutgers gear with some others.

One Love.

MTB Aussie

Pedal really fast, stay in front..
It was my first race ever in 2002 (on a MTB - did BMX in the '80's). I was woefully underprepared and unfit, so if you have a time travel machine go back a few months and train like heck :) and do as bobkennelly recommends. If you don't have the fitness, start out slow, then ease up a little ;-), this race is a pedalfest.

LandCruiser

It was my first race ever in 2002 (on a MTB - did BMX in the '80's). I was woefully underprepared and unfit, so if you have a time travel machine go back a few months and train like heck :) and do as bobkennelly recommends. If you don't have the fitness, start out slow, then ease up a little ;-), this race is a pedalfest.

Sounds like a Roadie Friendly race. I'm in pretty good Mountain Bike shape since I ride MTB 5 or 6 days a week. Spinning in Meadows is not my strength and not sure if my Platforms help me in a non technical park. We shall see I guess.

bobkennelly

My bad. I'll have to try it out this yea

Well, enough of this kidding around, you guys enjoy the race.
I got to pack for Maine, leaving in about 12 hours.

Good luck to the gang,Chrisg, Chucky-chill, and who ever else shows up. Be safe. Talk to you all next week.

Bobke

CrossAddict

yo jim,

kick some, butt if you're going. I use to own that race in the mid-ninties.
Peace brother.

sorry to see you missed the DH40 what a race!!!

-r to the f

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
R to the Foco,

I'm still too jacked from my crash to race at this point...My 24-hour team mate Charlie Florek will be reppin' it though, I'd be very surprised if he didn't win:D

-Jim.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Huh?

R to the Foco,

I'm still too jacked from my crash to race at this point...My 24-hour team mate Charlie Florek will be reppin' it though, I'd be very surprised if he didn't win:D

-Jim.

Jim V, may we have the english version? I had sent you a PM wishing you well and a speedy recovery, not that I recieved a reply (mad face) The next time I hand you your bottles during a race ... I may throw one at you :D
The race should be fun and fast. A very good race for the newer riders, don't push hard at the start and save it for the end, most of all have fun. I was told to leave the mountain bike home and pump up the tires on the cross bike. This will be my first race back since breaking my collarbone. Still hurts, not quite healed, everything should be ok as long as I don't fall on my right side. The first cross race is in 2 weeks in Mass. I've been doing 150+ miles a week on my road bike trying in vain to get some strength back, game on.

RC ...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Sorry RC, I forget to check my PM's, I'm a bad person, you can throw something at me, I'm ok with that:D

I actually felt pretty good yesterday during my road ride. 3.5 hours in the saddle at tempo, minimal amounts of pain. I may show up at Tatum tomorrow, if nothing else just to reprezent, although I think even busted up I can ride for 11 miles. What is that like 30 minutes;)

-Jim.

Top Bottom