Woodloch Pines

bucknejo

Any riding by the Woodloch Pines resort in Pennsylvania? Family trip planning in the works for 2020 and I want to get the jump on feeding my addition the road,

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any riding by the Woodloch Pines resort in Pennsylvania? Family trip planning in the works for 2020 and I want to get the jump on feeding my addition the road,
Never even heard of it...what part of PA is it in?

RNG1

I have a place now in Hawley but used to go to Woodloch a lot when kids were younger for family weekends. It’s good family fun.
I did bring bikes a lot. I found better road riding, get your climbing legs ready...nothing is flat. If you ride down the hill to the right (out the main entrance and make a right) you can ride a long way along the river and is pretty scenic. Don’t forget you have to climb back up...
As far as mtb, one year I remember they had just created “trails” on the property by mowing these tall dried reed grasses. I rode about 30 seconds and literally had like 30 punctures and Stans shooting out everywhere. Comical now but not at the time...
Prompton might be closest, I was there a month ago. It’s not bad, kind of slow going with not much flow in my opinion but you’ll get a good workout. Port Jervis is my new go to up here but that’s likely too far from there.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I used to work there as a waiter in high school, I lived right across the river in NY. That place is in the middle of the woods, I'm sure there are trails. On the NY side Ten Mile River boy scouts have miles of trails. I'm fairly certain you can ride on them?

onetracker

Moosic, Prompton, Merli-Sarnowski are all very good but raw with PA climbing. Moon Lake also if you do not mind driving. Lots of gravel to crush as well.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I’m headed to mountain top today just north of Whitehaven. Amazing singletrack there. Been spending a lot of time in NE PA. Moosic, LSP, Prompton, Merli, Mountain Top...it’s all good!

teabagger11

Have fun trails are in great shape right now there is a group ride going out tomorrow if interested there is also some new single track out to snappers if going that way

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Thanks, didn’t do snappers today but will head back there later this month. Let me know how often you get out that way and perhaps we can meet up.

Top Bottom