Wooden Ramps at Lew Mo

RyGanley

so I am sure your all aware of the removal of the wood cat walks, and addition of the micro gravel. Dose anyone know if the ramps are firewood, or they have another purpose?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No idea, but I miss the ramps and singing that clown circus song as I traveled across them.

clutch

I liked the ramps too, they were much faster than the new gravel. The only problem was if someone was coming the other way, there wasn't enough room for two way traffic. The real shame is the trail widening that was necessary to get that gravel back there.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's like a 30 foot section. Nothing to worry about. Faster and assuredly safer.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The wooden bridges on the yellow. If you start at route 24 and go CCW on the yellow trail you would hit them in about 1/2 a mile at most. Right before the small bridge. No ladder to speak of.

D

DANSPANK

Oh yeah, I know now. I helped wheelbarrow that stuff last year - it was the same day as the LewMo MTBNJ bike fest. We also dug water runnoffs on the climb just after the bridge, and built the berm just up from that.

We temporarily put the wooden sections off to the side to dry but I'm sure they're gone now as that was 8,9,10 months ago...

The gravel is hard-packed so it doesn't slow you down and, in fact, it's starting to form a tiny berm so if you're coming in anti-clockwise then if is likely faster than the wooden sections were.

I should be there tomorrow evening for a sprint.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyGanley

They are still there, stacked up. But I don't see the purpose's of them if everything we are building aside from water crossings has to be sustainable. I also heard a rumor that the reason they came out was some lady tripped on them, and threatened to sue the park.. But that now sounds like BS.

Top Bottom