Women Riders Needed for Mountain Bike Clinic

jenny boots

The Somerset County JORBA Chapter is partnering with EMS of Somerville and Somerset County Parks Department to organize a Mountain Bike Clinic at Washington Valley Park (Chimney Rock). The event is set for Saturday April 19th from 9-2:30. Please see attached flyer for more details. We are looking to incorporate an all girls ride within the event. I will be leading the ride and am looking for other female riders to assist and encourage the participants of the clinic. Please let me know if you would be interested in helping out. Also we are looking for participants, so if you are a new rider or know someone who would like to attend, take a look at the flyer and RSVP to 908-231-0802 ext 24.

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/volunteerParkPatrol.pdf

F

FallGirl1430

The Somerset County JORBA Chapter is partnering with EMS of Somerville and Somerset County Parks Department to organize a Mountain Bike Clinic at Washington Valley Park (Chimney Rock). The event is set for Saturday April 19th from 9-2:30. Please see attached flyer for more details. We are looking to incorporate an all girls ride within the event. I will be leading the ride and am looking for other female riders to assist and encourage the participants of the clinic. Please let me know if you would be interested in helping out. Also we are looking for participants, so if you are a new rider or know someone who would like to attend, take a look at the flyer and RSVP to 908-231-0802 ext 24.

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/volunteerParkPatrol.pdf

Hi Jenny,
I checked my calender and I have no race that weekend, so I'm there with you. Excellent idea, feel free to message me if there is anything ya need,
Christina ... :)

jenny boots

Thanks Christina, glad you can help out. I'll keep you posted with further details as we get closer to the event.
Looking to get out riding soon, let me know if there are any rides coming up.
Thanks again!!

TriChick

Sounds like a great idea... What kind of help do you need? It would be great to try to get more girls involved but I'm running the Boston Marathon on April 21st and don't want to go out on a killer ride 2 days before the marathon. Need the legs to be kinda fresh...lol:)

S

Shar0se

Sounds great! I'd be happy to come out and help, although I'm a beginner rider myself so maybe I should just participate..... :)

jenny boots

Thank you EVERYONE for your interest and enthusiasm. The bike clinic will be for girls and guys alike, but when we break out later in the day for group rides, I would like to have a girls specific ride. Help will be appreciated in the form of having some experienced riders throughout the pack to assist and encourage beginner riders as they navigate the trail and obstacles. It should be a slow to moderate pace ride depending on how comfortable everyone feels- we'll roll at the pace of the slowest rider and stop to tackle obstacles (over and over till we get it).
I will post more info as the details are worked out. We are still working with EMS and the Parks Department to plan and coordinate.
Thanks again and happy trails!

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My husband has plans that day so I have kid duty, but if I can get childcare I'll be there to help/participate. I'm not a beginner, but not as good as some of these other ladies either. Last time I did any trail riding at CR I broke my thumb, so this would be a great day to ease me back onto those trails.

NJ Jess

ride on

I hope you folks have a great time, I know you will learn a lot. Unfortunately, my plane does not land in Newark until 5pm, so I'm going to miss this.

F

FallGirl1430

Great flyer Jenny, the day is already marked on my calender!

Fallgirl ... :)

jenny boots

Just as a reminder: the mountain bike clinic is Saturday the 19th- registration has been bumped up to twenty since we filled up so quick, so there may be a few spots available if you are looking to attend. If you are just coming to assist and help out with the group ride- the more the merrier- if you don't mind just posting a reply or sending me a message so we can get a more accurate head count.
Thanks!

Here is the flyer with all the info on the mountain bike clinic being held at Washington Valley Park (aka- Chimney Rock). There will be an all girls ride, so if you are a beginner, this is a great event for you, and if you have experience, we could use your help during the ride to assist and encourage.
Thanks!

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/b...ike_clinic.pdf

Top Bottom