Wolf Tooth Pack Hanger Alignment Tool For QR

onetracker

Has anyone used the Wolf Tooth Derailleur Pack Hanger Alignment Tool for QR? Do you like it? Is it more or less accurate than those that use the rim (e.g. Park DAG 2.2) as the reference point IYO? Thx!

just looking at how its used, i would say that its less accurate, it requires you to eyeball the distance between the two rods while the park tool ect uses a rod to measure the distance. not really any savings either looking at the cost\.

i would say the wolftooth tool would be nice if you are worried about trying to get it good enough to get home after a crash on the trail but for best results a measurement device is best.

Hmm. Interesting. I find the DAG 2.2 clunky to use and you still need to eyeball the gauge vs the rim. Also, there is the issue of if the rim is not true.

Hmm. Interesting. I find the DAG 2.2 clunky to use and you still need to eyeball the gauge vs the rim. Also, there is the issue of if the rim is not true.

use the same point on the rim, my DAG came with rubber orings to help you ensure that the pin is the same length each time you check it to the rim (easily moved as needed, but holds well enough)

99% of people cannot eyeball that kind of measurement close enough to get it right, the measurement tool is the best way to go.

the 3 certainly looks nicer than my 2.2, i will admit i have thought about putting a dial indicator on my 2.2 to up the precision, but never wanted to spend the money to do it. the 3 looks like a better option since the reference pin doesnt have to slide to change the measurement position.

my one gripe with the 2.2 is how stiff it is to slide the bracket for the reference pin.

the 3 certainly looks nicer than my 2.2, i will admit i have thought about putting a dial indicator on my 2.2 to up the precision, but never wanted to spend the money to do it. the 3 looks like a better option since the reference pin doesnt have to slide to change the measurement position.

my one gripe with the 2.2 is how stiff it is to slide the bracket for the reference pin.
Mine is pretty stiff too

Back
Top Bottom