WMTHS Mountain Bike Club is Rolling!

xc62701

Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to let you know that I had the first ever ride of the WMTHS MTB Club today. I led a ride that consisted of 10 members. From freshmen to seniors. We started out at a sandpit right near the school and then did 2-3 miles of trails near the school to get a sense of the abilities and character of the kids. They were great! Super excited and they didn't want to go home! It's still a program in the works but so far it's been pretty exciting!

MST.ESQ

My oldest son is only 6, but I have been thinking about starting a MTB club for kids in Livingston. The town is building a bmx/skate park and claims to promote bike use in town (though town parks are too small for any serious trail work).

I would be interested in hearing about how you set this up...

And who knows... a club in Livingston - with support of the Township which seems likely - could be used to put (tactful and friendly) pressure on South Mountain Reservation to reopen to mountain bikes...

Panhead

And who knows... a club in Livingston - with support of the Township which seems likely - could be used to put (tactful and friendly) pressure on South Mountain Reservation to reopen to mountain bikes...

If the pressure doesn't work, you guys in Livingston could buy the SMR:)

Ryan-
It's been years since I rode in WM but I know there was a nice set of trails and a small sandpit behind SanCap ballfield over by QOP church. Been almost 25 years though

Last edited:

xc62701

If the pressure doesn't work, you guys in Livingston could buy the SMR:)

Ryan-
It's been years since I rode in WM but I know there was a nice set of trails and a small sandpit behind SanCap ballfield over by QOP church. Been almost 25 years though

Cool. Yea some of the kids have talked about it. We're gonna stay on the trails adjacent to the school for a little while then I'd like to organize some trips to JH or Wawayanda. It's gonna be fun.

secondspeed02

mtbikers & community effort - RaD

:)Awesome guys & gals please and do tell Don Schatz of the South Mountain Conservancy; JORBA.org
or the contact was already made with him:D
peace From EM :getsome:

My oldest son is only 6, but I have been thinking about starting a MTB club for kids in Livingston. The town is building a bmx/skate park and claims to promote bike use in town (though town parks are too small for any serious trail work).

I would be interested in hearing about how you set this up...

Top Bottom