WMA Parking Area - Heads up

dave_i

Heads up guys, there are several bike tracks across the lawn and through a freshly manicured/mulched section of the office building in front of the WMA. Even in the best of times, this is not a good way of representing our community. Given the current circumstances, with extremely limited trail access in our state, doing things like this jeopardizes trail access for all. As a reminder, the office building is a personal injury law office - https://www.lcrlaw.com/ and I'm sure not an entity the mtb community wants to deal with.

giphy.gif

This is disappointing to hear, and sounds like a similar situation in Union County; people riding where they shouldn't be. It's a bad look for our community.

Heads up guys, there are several bike tracks across the lawn and through a freshly manicured/mulched section of the office building in front of the WMA. Even in the best of times, this is not a good way of representing our community. Given the current circumstances, with extremely limited trail access in our state, doing things like this jeopardizes trail access for all. As a reminder, the office building is a personal injury law office - https://www.lcrlaw.com/ and I'm sure not an entity the mtb community wants to deal with.
I ride here all the time - I am not actually sure what kind of detour I would have to take to get on their lawn or their mulch. Likely not people on this board - likely people who have been squeezed out of every other public place. If they only knew that less than 2 mins away from there they could find things slightly more fun than a mulch bed.

Yeah that doesn’t make much sense. It’s probably just Mr. Daddy Warbucks Esq. taking his kids out for a quick spin in the office parking lot while mommie is out with her tennis pro working on her backstroke. This to shall pass.

I ride here all the time - I am not actually sure what kind of detour I would have to take to get on their lawn or their mulch. Likely not people on this board - likely people who have been squeezed out of every other public place. If they only knew that less than 2 mins away from there they could find things slightly more fun than a mulch bed.
There are trails that come out at the end of that road at the dead end then you can take the road back up to the park and ride which takes you past the office building. That's the only reason I can think somebody would be that close to the office. You are probably right though.... kids with nothing better to do.

Do they have someone on video doing this? Otherwise, I don't know how it automatically comes back on the MTB community. It could have been anyone.

Not sure how this is a reflection on the mountain bike community. Maybe false advertising
Do they have someone on video doing this? Otherwise, I don't know how it automatically comes back on the MTB community. It could have been anyone.
If they get pissed about bike tracks all over their nice lawn and see mountain bikers loading up in the parking lot across the street who are they going to blame?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions