Wissahickon Valley Park, Philly, PA

echappy

is the parking across the river (along MLK Drive) any better? my presumption is that they won't be?

Mahnken

Weekdays, parking at Valley Green Inn shouldn't be a problem getting a parking spot. But I agree with @KenS . Parking at the United artist movie theater in Manayunk puts you at the southern end of the park. Great location for getting off and back on I76.
View attachment 78709

I tried parking at United last week but was scared off by all the signs that say if you're not a customer, you'll get towed. I ended up using the small lot on Lincoln.

JDurk

I tried parking at United last week but was scared off by all the signs that say if you're not a customer, you'll get towed. I ended up using the small lot on Lincoln.
Nobody watching movies early in the am

wafflin

When I was there recently, I parked in front of the defunct restaurant supply shop that's in the same building as Cadence. I spent a few bucks at Candence that day so I figured/hoped parking in their lot would be ok. Also, the BBQ across the street hit the spot after the ride. It was a fun trip overall and would do it again.

Tarroneus

Will be riding here Sunday afternoon for the first time, would welcome any parking and/or route advice.

Tarroneus

Yeah my plan was to get all of white and all of yellow but the signage is confusing and I kept getting off track. Unfortunately the timing wasn't up to me, I had a window. But would go back if I had the chance, super fun place.

thegock

I was just there. It was awesome!! Lots of good trails.

Did u ride over the concrete pipe?

IMG_20191105_064951-01.jpeg

gcab

If anyone is riding here anytime soon, the Bells Mill Monster is currently closed (not sure when its going to reopen), looks like they are re-doing the drainage and trail surface. Can't say it didn't need it, the next climb up just south of the monster is no gimme with loose larger rocks.

JDurk

If anyone is riding here anytime soon, the Bells Mill Monster is currently closed (not sure when its going to reopen), looks like they are re-doing the drainage and trail surface. Can't say it didn't need it, the next climb up just south of the monster is no gimme with loose larger rocks.
You are correct. New switchback trail will be constructed and I believe the old trail will be closed.

gcab

You are correct. New switchback trail will be constructed and I believe the old trail will be closed.
Excited about that, it was eroded to all hell.

Yeah, just read that after I posted. Should be done soon according to the site which is nice, the top looked really good when I rode past it.

Top Bottom