wissahickon park ride.

liong71er

my.php

my.php

the pics above was taken two week ago,..so every tuesday i went to philadelphia to make foods deliveries.
i bring my bike along with me put inside the truck(commercial truck)
when i finish make delivery, i go straight to this beautifull park.
it's the largest inner city park in america,...about 25 mile of trail.
but i only made it 12 mile cause i'm riding on the valley trail (both side)
if you start from city it will make up 25 mile distance.
this park has lots of climb and downhill as well.if you like to jump they got it too.
lots uphill switchback/down depend on wich direction you are starting from.
i like what i called it "four switchback climb" because it has four switchback to climb this hill or vice versa.
and i also incoincidently found a pool, you can jump from a rock clift about 20 ft high drops.lots of people came here.especialy summer time.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
for pics i use photobucket.com
make an account
upload pics
copy/paste image code into message

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Just cut and paste the "forum" line from imageshack, it will look like this:

I added spaces here to show you:
[ URL=http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0042th7.jpg][ IMG]http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/6742/dscn0042th7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Hey Liong,

You're right, nice park. I was walking in there tonight.
Wide multi-use trails, a broad stream, really a great area.

I understand that a permit is required for MTBing, where did you get yours?

Thanks for the write-up. I have in-laws just up the road from the stables and I've been here a bunch of times, but never to the park and if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never imagine that there was an MTB mecca here.

I'll be sure to bring my bike next time and escape when I just can't stand anymore extended family time.;)

hooples3

I'm looking forward to riding there next week.. my sister just moved to Doylestown and we are visiting her , I cant wait1

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Hey Liong,

You're right, nice park. I was walking in there tonight.
Wide multi-use trails, a broad stream, really a great area.

I understand that a permit is required for MTBing, where did you get yours?

Thanks for the write-up. I have in-laws just up the road from the stables and I've been here a bunch of times, but never to the park and if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never imagine that there was an MTB mecca here.

I'll be sure to bring my bike next time and escape when I just can't stand anymore extended family time.;)

check out phillymtb.com

The permits can be obtained from the fairmount park commision, all you need to do is submit the application and a recommended donation (not mandatory). They don't enforce them very much, if at all, but it's still a nice thing to get.

There is plenty of really nice riding at wiss. My GF used to live a half mile from one of the trailheads, but just moved back to nj so I dont have an excuse to ride there as often.

Top Bottom