Wireless providers?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Coverage aside, who has the best deals on a reliable network? Not a big streamer on my phone but need some data for the gram n such. So far visible seems the direction I am heading.

mfennell

Seems like if you move, the best strategy is to try each one and make sure they work where you are. All carriers have dead spots.

That's going to be the ticket. My personal phone is Verizon but I had a choice of providers for my work phone and went AT&T, thinking I was clever to choose a different provider for 'backup'. Joke's on me - I get data drops on my way to my kid's school, despite being so close to a huge AT&T office that I can walk there. (Yeah, I know AT&T commercial wireless and the R&D facility probably have no connection but still...)

onetracker

Straight Talk/Total Wireless is the best IMO. $35 per/mo has plenty of data. I get coverage in parts of the country, in the forest where most of my friends with Verizon, AT&T, etc get zero coverage. No contract.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Total Wireless uses Verizon towers.
TracFone last time I looked came with 3 different sim cards you can use (verizon, at&t, t-mobile). It doesn't support tethering.
StraightTalk is also an MVNO so you can use one of verizon, at&t, t-mobile. Not sure about tethering.
Google Fi is T-Mobile and US Cellular.

In terms of coverage you can't really get away from the big 3 (along with US Cellular).

Last edited:

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So I have a little update.. I decided to go with Google fi. I am currently 2 weeks in to the service and really like it. My wife and I each have a phone and the total per month including fees and taxes is $126. The best part is that it is 5G service, unlimited data with no slowdown and the coverage map is the best. I even have a full 5 bars 5G service at my house in Pennsylvania where I never had service before period period. There was one small hiccup getting my wife's iPhone setup but in the end it works perfectly. All of the Apple software works well also. One mistake I made was going with a Samsung phone. The S21 is very capable but having two separate softwares on the phone sucks. I decided to switch to a pixel 6. I will update once I recieve it. Another perk is free international calling and roaming as well as unlimited mobile hotspot

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
switches to "discount" carrier with two phones, still pays more than I do (for two phones) on verizon . . . .

Top Bottom