Wireless PowerTap for MTB!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Check this thing out...

349.jpg

I've been riding one on the road for some time now and it's awesome!! If I had the loot to do 2, this would be a great gadget!! I always wonder when I'm riding in the woods what my power file would look like afterwards, so when I train on the road during the week, I can better prepare for the woods on the weekend... :hmmm:

http://www.cycleops.com/p-349-powertap-sl-24-disc-brake-hub.aspx

Cool beans...Now I have something to save up for...

-Jim.

dhsean

Is that a standard disc or a custom one for that hub. Slow monday at work today. I shouldn't even be looking at stuff like this.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
My friend who is a coach has a power tap on both road and mountain. She showed me her graphs for each with a summary. The graphs for her best road time trials were amazing how she kept absolutely straight lines for HR, watts and mph. The mountain bike race graphs looked like a pile of pick up sticks. She did not think the mountain tap offered her any useful information, but I suppose if one rides on less technical terrain it may be different.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It can still be very useful on the MTB, but you need to use a different view of the power outputs. With quadrant analysis you can get a good idea where you spend a lot of your pedaling time in terms of power and cadence and train there.

ArmyOfNone

is the flux capacitor extra?

Not that i have an idea as to what any of the numbers mean, just outta curiosity i really would like to train w/ one of these for a while.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I am in the process of building up a new wireless one for my road bike, after I do, the one I currently run will be up for sale as a wheelset...

And Fred, the Flux Capacitor is build directly into the hubshell, at 55mph you instantly poof into Mario Cipollini, the sexiest man in the peleton!!

-Jim.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
is the flux capacitor extra?

Not that i have an idea as to what any of the numbers mean, just outta curiosity i really would like to train w/ one of these for a while.

I'm with you Fred. I'm still holding out for the % of crashing meter.

ArmyOfNone

I am in the process of building up a new wireless one for my road bike, after I do, the one I currently run will be up for sale as a wheelset...

And Fred, the Flux Capacitor is build directly into the hubshell, at 55mph you instantly poof into Mario Cipollini, the sexiest man in the peleton!!

-Jim.

I hope someone drops a money bag somewhere so i can get those!

I'm with you Fred. I'm still holding out for the % of crashing meter.

Oh! They so need to add that. I could post my rides and my stats would be:
Wheels Down: 3% Wheels up: Just quit while your ahead.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

-Jim.

You should ask Chuck E about our meeting with Maro Cipollini in vegas. It was super funny.

J

Top Bottom