Wireless Headphones for Riding

ekuhn

My PowerBeats3 just took a crap, wont turn on, wont charge, wont reset. This was my 3rd pair in the last 5-6 years. My sweat probably fried them. What is everyone is riding with? I'm a fan of the loop over the ear style as compared to the ones that just sit in the ear. Stock iPod headphones aren't comfortable either and don't stay in my ear either.

I searched and the relevant outcomes were a bit dated - looking to update. Everyone has their thoughts on riding with headphones, not looking for that discussion, just product recommendations.

Last edited:

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
My PowerBeats3 just took a crap, wont turn on, wont charge, wont reset. This was my 3rd pair in the last 5-6 years. My sweat probably fried them. What is everyone is riding with? I'm a fan of the loop over the ear style as compared to the ones that just sit in the ear. Stock iPod headphones aren't comfortable either and don't stay in my ear either.

I searched and the relevant outcomes were a bit dated - looking to update. Everyone has their thoughts on riding with headphones, not looking for that discussion, just product recommendations.
J-lab epic air sport. I don't use them for riding but every other workout I do. They loop over the ear, everything can be controlled by tapping on one ear piece or the other: volume, skipping tracks, answering calls, etc. HIIT where I'm jumping all over the place they never slip. There's a setting to let ambient noise in too so they don't have to be noise canceling all the time. Case is the charger too.

Bisquick

Super cheap and I haven't been able to kill them yet. Easily have 50 rides using these. I have put the buds through the washer/dryer 3 times now and they still work perfectly fine.

Mahnken

I like aftershokz. Bone conducting, over but not in the ear. Can hear everything around you and the music. If you just want the music, put earplugs in your ears and they sound great.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I have a pair of AfterShokz. They are ok. I only wear headphones on the road, so I prefer having my ears open. The wind noise is noticeable, so they are sort of a compromise. They are durable though.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
This answer is consistent with the past recommendations you've provided. Glad to see its still true.

I've done it the other ways, including having custom in-ears made, and they all last exactly the same amount of time. Although the Skullcandys I like with the ear mold thing have been discontinued :(

Top Bottom