Winter Storm Must-Haves

Thin Diesel

After what seems like an endless wait, we're finally supposed to get some real snow tomorrow. :) Expect to see the typical hysteria at supermarkets and gas stations. What are your "must haves" as you hunker down? Milk, bread, eggs, and beer are all a given. What other essentials do ensure you have on hand?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't understand why everyone wants milk bread eggs for a storm. Do people make french toast when snowed in?
Right? Seriously, we're not in some remote area....you might be snowed in for a few hours waiting for the plow to hit your street...peeps need to chill.

Thin Diesel

This is a good tip for women. For men, I would suggest boobs. If you are going to be snowed in, might as well have some to play with. Hell its good to have them around anytime

Full Disclosure: this response is EXACTLY why I started this thread. THANKS!!!

gtluke

The Moped
This thread reminded me to put the chains on my tractor. I may be f'd though as I heard it's raining into snow. If it's slush on the bottom the tractor just doesn't have the HP and traction to move. My neighbor wouldcome over with his full size 4wd JD farm tractor with a plow.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do no planning.

-I have canned food and water at home just because
-I have a fat bike to go riding
-I live in Morristown in front of a food market that I've never seen closed due to snow, I just walk over. If they weren't open I would walk to King$ or Whole Food$. Or Macho Nacho.
-Condo. No shoveling.
-I have yet to put my snow tires on my car. If I can just hold out a bit longer it'll be spring...

ktmrider

I do no planning.

-I have canned food and water at home just because
-I have a fat bike to go riding
-I live in Morristown in front of a food market that I've never seen closed due to snow, I just walk over. If they weren't open I would walk to King$ or Whole Food$. Or Macho Nacho.
-Condo. No shoveling.
-I have yet to put my snow tires on my car. If I can just hold out a bit longer it'll be spring...
I have been told about macho nacho , what is your take on the place ?

gtluke

The Moped
i-sdLFsmJ-X4.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lets see
snow blower - check
Gas - check
3 vehicles, 2 of which are AWD or 4x4, all of which have winter tires - check
Ability to remote into work ...Well I used to do this before my son was born, now, forget it...im driving to my office

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have been told about macho nacho , what is your take on the place ?
It's one of the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants around.

Few tips:
-The chorizo is a great meat to add to another meat. If you get Chicken, get the Chorizo also. Tres Carnes is usually the best as it's the three meats
-If you get a taco salad or burrito, ask for black beans instead of pinto. They flavor them, totally changes the flavors
-Try both the green and red sauces

My go-to is a Chicken Taco Salad w/ Chorizo and black beans instead of Pinto. Feeds 2 people and is ~$8

Their breakfasts are pretty good too, I usually get the Big Poppy platter which is eggs, beans, rice, columbian chorizo (not the same as above) and plantains.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lets see
snow blower - check
Gas - check
3 vehicles, 2 of which are AWD or 4x4, all of which have winter tires - check
Ability to remote into work ...Well I used to do this before my son was born, now, forget it...im driving to my office

I'll take a Lamborghini out in the snow before I would use that truck. :)

ChrisRU

This thread reminded me to put the chains on my tractor. I may be f'd though as I heard it's raining into snow. If it's slush on the bottom the tractor just doesn't have the HP and traction to move
More weight! With that snowblower hanging off the front you probably need 200-300lbs on the back. Did those wheel weights work out or did you sell them? Rig some weight onto the hitch too.

I say this but after setting up my tractor for snow a few weeks ago it hurts for traction on my driveway without snow :(

Top Bottom