Winter riding

For me winter is when the SS comes out. No gears to shift means you can keep your fingers closer to your body heat. Get on it this winter, you'll have a blast and thank yourself in the spring!

Salt in the bottle. You ever see an ocean freeze?

Since I know someone is going to ask how much salt to put it...It is trail and error. The colder the temps, the more you need. If the bottle still freezes, you need more. :rolleyes:

Also sugar works (kind of) okay. Probably not as good as salt though

One ride I did last year... it was about 8 degree's... the bladder, yes the whole bladder froze.

Even if the bladder doesn't freeze, all it takes is one slip (when you don't blow the water back down) and you're toast anyway.

All this talk of winter riding is bad karma. Next thing we know, there will be 2 feet of snow on halloween on the ground and 30 degrees in april.

As the others have said it's fine riding down to single digits. My camelback has never frozen - if yours has - pedal faster. Like norm said just make sure you blow the water back into the reservoir when done drinking.

All this talk of winter riding is bad karma. Next thing we know, there will be 2 feet of snow on halloween on the ground and 30 degrees in april.

No sweat for those of us who ride through it ;)

No fairweather only rider here. :cool:

As a runner years ago I used to be a weather weenie. Only a fair weather runner. Once I braved some ice and snow and quickly scratched that off the list. I've been only a fair weather rider too. Time to break that paradigm.

Back
Top Bottom