Winter Rides

sandman

The pine lands 40 will be in Wharton. Start at Carranza, 8am. Bring lunch, we will eat at Batsto. Won't make the mistake I made last year, when we parked and lunched at the same place. 2 thirds of the riders left at lunch.

sandman

The pine lands 40 will be in Wharton. Start at Carranza, 8am. Bring lunch, we will eat at Batsto. Won't make the mistake I made last year, when we parked and lunched at the same place. 2 thirds of the riders left at lunch.

1speeder

Is it the Emilio Carranza Memorial?

pibbles

Trying for this year. Puttin in a vacay day but no guarantee..

sandman

So, on 1/14, Sue and I scouted out some single track and old fire cuts that takes us from Carranza to the orange trail. We already know the roads. On 1/21, 6 riders joined me for some more exploring. Then did some milage checks on the orange and green. Things are looking good for the 40. We got in 27 miles, and as we got closer to the finish, I took a quick pole on who is going to come out for the 40. After all, if I can get 7 riders on an exploring ride, then how big of a ride will it be on 2/11? Other then Sue, Steve and myself, I started asking, you thinking of doing the 40? It was unanimous! HELL NO!!!!

Last edited:

tankhead

It was a great ride!! Orange trail was in tip top shape. Next time you plan on riding the Brendan T Byrne Area let me know.
Like I told you Saturday 20-25 miles a day for me is plenty. I do appreciate the desire to do massive miles.. been there done that. No longer an interest of mine. Doing 60 miles before my daily teaching job in the morning once a week along with countless 30 mile morning rides and three to four hour mountain bike rides on the weekend made me lose interest in an activity that I love. Got out of biking through all of my 40’s and now fat biking has made it so much fun in my 50’s. I feel like a kid again. But thanks for the invite.

sandman

Took a short ride at Wharton with ken yesterday. We used some old trails that we have used in the past but have been closed off for reasons unknown. Some are still closed off. Some are in good shape. All I can say is, Let's get this ride over with before it becomes the Sandy Ridge 40.

WJF

Great ride put together and led by the Sandman.

BDD10865-9913-4285-ABE7-E268C45FD57C.jpeg
4248B324-CF6F-45A5-B9DD-7FC4428AD616.jpeg
841EE24B-981A-4CDE-8448-C48C5789B109.jpeg
437CAAFD-FF90-4249-AC13-E6C51A917688.jpeg

pibbles

Great day of riding. 8 riders, 43 miles. 7-m, 1-f, 7-fat bikes, 1- Gravel, 4-single speeds(3 freewheels, 1 coaster brake), 4 multi speed. One of the best rides in the 16 years of this ride. See you next year. I hope. Next up! The riding of the Green.
Thanks again for putting this ride together Jim! Awesome riding with great people, everyone seemed to have a good time and loved what you did with the weather! Perfect.

pibbles

Great day of riding. 8 riders, 43 miles. 7-m, 1-f, 7-fat bikes, 1- Gravel, 4-single speeds(3 freewheels, 1 coaster brake), 4 multi speed. One of the best rides in the 16 years of this ride. See you next year. I hope. Next up! The riding of the Green.
We setting a time for this shin dig?

Top Bottom