Winter rides..??

Chris Nordt

I know most of us convert to hibernation mode once November hits, but I'd love to get in a few rides before the trails are complete snow. I know afternoon rides, especially after work, are no more thanks to the time change.. but the weekends are still game. The morning are a bit chilly, but that's nothing an underarmor can't cure, so who's in? It's supposed to be sunny and hit 60 degrees on Saturday, who's in for a 6 Mile loop??

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I ride year round, but tend to stay up north. More than welcome to join.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Pfffft, 6mile winter. :)
image.jpeg

walter

Fourth Party
Here's a couple from years past.
This one was almost a blizzard, I think Pearls car got stuck in the lot after.
IMG_355723616270752.jpeg

this one doesn't look like much, but this was the crew that completed the full 6 Mile loop, starting temp was 2°, warmed up nicely to 9° at the end. We had more people, most didn't make it to the first section of twisties.
FB_IMG_1479173214819.jpg

Good times.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Here's a couple from years past.
This one was almost a blizzard, I think Pearls car got stuck in the lot after.
View attachment 43530
this one doesn't look like much, but this was the crew that completed the full 6 Mile loop, starting temp was 2°, warmed up nicely to 9° at the end. We had more people, most didn't make it to the first section of twisties.
View attachment 43531
Good times.
Look at my Rocky Mountain lol

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
Saddle River bike path is rideable all year. They even plowed it during the blizzard. No reason to stop riding.

Bottom photo is the day of the blizzard and the top photo is the day after. My complements to the Bergen County parks service.

Zaskar

Layer up and go for it. Use toe warmers and wool socks. Riding on fresh snow can be a ton of fun. Once it gets deep it needs to be tracked out and as long as it stays cold it can be tacky and have great traction.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
My boot of choice Sorrels and wear ski pants, ski goggles, ski mask, snow board gloves... great for almost any blizzard conditions.

Top Bottom