Winter MTB Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello All:
anyone have suggestions for a decent pair of winter mtb shoes. I cannot seem to replace my old ones with a decent one around 100-150 dollars. Options are very limited on the web.
thanks,
emrahayhan

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is this for real? i'll assume yes. for now.

shimano, lake and sidi are going to be the top three. if you like your feet semi-comfortable for between possibly an hour to maybe two depending on how adept you are at acclimating to the cold, then you may want to consider the answers. they were on sale last year and a bunch of us bought 'em.

Mare

Lake - they are fabulous! Prior, my feet froze and I have a very low tolerance to the cold, but these work very well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will reiterate that I believe the comfort of your hands and feet start with your body. Keep your core warm first and foremost, and the limbs will follow.

Having said that, Answers suck. S-U-C-K suck!

I will reiterate that I believe the comfort of your hands and feet start with your body. Keep your core warm first and foremost, and the limbs will follow.

Having said that, Answers suck. S-U-C-K suck!

thanks guys. that was a sensitive issue. look at the repsonses in blink of an eye.

emrahayhan

The Kalmyk

Keep your core warm first and foremost, and the limbs will follow.;

What Norm is trying say is ride naked from the waist down and walk across any stream you see, despite there being a bridge...If you have a warm jacket on you should be fine;):p

Last edited by a moderator:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Norm is right, if your core is cold, everything else will be, EVERYTHING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mare

Neoprene booties are cheaper alternative that work well. You can get a pair for about $30 (performance bike).

Frank

Sasquatch
If you have big feet you will not be able to use booties...they squeeze the blood out. Result, cold feet. I rode in the winter for 10 years with cold feet. I bought Lakes last year and no more cold feet. Period.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I will make this very simple. IMHO there is no better winter setup than this:

mxz302_new.jpg

and

256-1625025838-2008-08-28.jpg

The lake MXZ302 comes in a reg and wide. It is as warm as your fat aunts armpits.

http://www.lakecycling.com/Products/MXZ302__MXZ302.aspx

The wollie -bollie sox are warm even when wet.

http://www.defeet.com/product.php?id=256

The combo will cost you about $300. This is a fair price for warm feet on a 15 degree day.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom