Winter Gloves

w_b

Lol I bought the green Sleestaks a few years ago and just doubled down on the red jawns myself. They look ridiculous but ZFG when fingeys be warm.

goodvibe

I bought pogies a few years ago, but I can't bring myself to try using them on the mountain bike. I'm too afraid of my hands getting stuck in an OTB situation.

Can't go wrong with these for $20:

My new pair just arrived. Thanks @goodvibe for the heads-up, and thanks @stb222 for posting about these back in 2015. I'm still using my original pair, but they are getting pretty beat up and have been overdue for replacing.

View attachment 176077
Woohoo. Mine arrived today6977BBC3-DFCB-4EBC-B766-7D47C4FEACC0.jpeg

Last edited:

goodvibe

After messaging @whatevertheFspencersscreennameis I came across these:
View attachment 176082
Answer sleestaks with a “work glove material” called the chopper trail mitt. Same design as the sleestaks otherwise. The only complaint I have with the sleestaks is I destroy the uppers when I do TM and these should help with that. Discontinued too but all sizes available on eBay. Should get them soon.
I have a pair of these and would be happy with a second pair. Did you find them recently? If so, do you have a link?

qclabrat

I run between a large and medium. Got the last one and no biggie if they don’t fit for riding as will use for other outdoors. I find the regular material tears too easily so looking forward to the upgrade. Btw, went for a ride with pogies today at 20F but still too warm for them. Switched to this winter hunting gloves from under armour and found them just right after 20 mins

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
After messaging @whatevertheFspencersscreennameis I came across these:
View attachment 176082
Answer sleestaks with a “work glove material” called the chopper trail mitt. Same design as the sleestaks otherwise. The only complaint I have with the sleestaks is I destroy the uppers when I do TM and these should help with that. Discontinued too but all sizes available on eBay. Should get them soon.
Wore these this morning just to try them out, it was 25, dew point around 20, so no "tough" conditions, but these appear that they may be warmer than the regular sleestaks, probably because the synthetic leather doesnt let as much air through

Top Bottom