Winter Blues Escapes

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
If anyone is looking to catch some warm weather, Tucson Az is a nice place to ride in winter. I just bought my airline tickets to go out there and hopefully ride in shorts:D.

This was riding last year ......

2335253679_bf9a89c7a1.jpg

Great B&B, and the owner/bike mechanic is a Jorba supporter as well.

http://www.wowtnt.com/

This was part of breakfast last year:

2380169409_cbb1d948ec.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
Shorts for sure, I just got back from there 2 weeks ago. It's such nice riding. watch out for the cactus!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Shorts for sure, I just got back from there 2 weeks ago. It's such nice riding. watch out for the cactus!

Sweet! I got my tweezers and glasses:rolleyes: for the the vegitation with the nasty attitude. ......Where did you ride?

J-7

I'm jealous

I was there for one day last month and it rained the entire day. I had arranged a rental bike and car all for nothing. Have fun.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
No, I guess the word "Vegas" scared me off. ... Now that I have been enlightened, good reading and pictures Luke. 50 Year trail is near where I am going. I like your gate story!

Robson

This thread makes me ask myself why I live in NJ since there are so many other nice places where you can ride all year long...

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
This thread makes me ask myself why I live in NJ since there are so many other nice places where you can ride all year long...

actually, it gets too hot in AZ for many people to ride in summer.
I think we have a nice mix here in NJ, but it never hurts to go and sample some new places.:)

Robson

Yes it's hot in summer but is dry heat, unlike Florida heat+humid. I have visited Arizona in summer and spring and I like it:)

mudhoney

looks good!

Ray and I were looking for a place to go in April to ride for not too much money and I think this is it! When are you going back Ellen? Did you need to rent a car to get there?

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Yes, we rented a car at the Tucson airport. It is about a forty minute drive to WOW. Once you are there, you will only need a car, if you want to sight-see or to get some food now and then. The trails go right out of the back yard. It is a great place if you like to get away from the grid and commune with nature in between riding. The host happens to be a retired stand up comedian.:) We are headed out in March. My big advise if you go, is bring some tweezers in your pack when out riding. Those cacti have a nasty attitude.

Top Bottom