Will we have a season?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
If it stays like this I’ll probably just line up early and go all out on one run. Last night I was actually like the 5th or 6th person to drop in, but I held back on the first lap thinking I’d put down a smooth one first and go balls out on the second run. Could have just thrown the heat early and then ride other trails for 2 hours ?‍♂️
So it took 2 hours for 2 runs? :oops:

Ian F

So it took 2 hours for 2 runs? :oops:
Well... look at all those racers... not sure what the interval times are, but it's usually about 30 seconds. Then the lift line to go back up for the second run... I can easily see two runs taking two hours.
I didn't know about having multiple runs. I'm used to the "practice a few runs then one race run" format. But given these races usually happen on established trails a lot of folks ride all the time anyway, I could see the "time all runs and take the best of" format being used here.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Pictures like that was one of the main reasons I quit racing. Every time I start to miss it, I think about all the waiting around...
Ah yes, I remember (not so) fondly the waiting around to race days too. Really kills your mojo. I dunno what was worse, baking in the summer sun or standing on top of Plattekill in the late fall snow. Good times.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The first thursday night race was at breakout which is a super popular trail and was also the first race. So yeah the line was ridiculous and we just went riding after waiting for an hour for our first timed run. But the second race last weekend was nowhere near as bad. We probably waited 25 min to race indy and then maybe 15 min the second run. Much better!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The first thursday night race was at breakout which is a super popular trail and was also the first race. So yeah the line was ridiculous and we just went riding after waiting for an hour for our first timed run. But the second race last weekend was nowhere near as bad. We probably waited 25 min to race indy and then maybe 15 min the second run. Much better!
You ride with your son right? I think we may have chatted briefly a couple of times.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I may have been just behind you the first race. We were trying to figure out where the run ended? Then last week there was (possibly) the same father son combo at the start like 30 early and asked if they were in the right place since there was no crowd this time...dunno if that was you or not...I suppose there could be more than one father son duo lol.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I think I may have been just behind you the first race. We were trying to figure out where the run ended? Then last week there was (possibly) the same father son combo at the start like 30 early and asked if they were in the right place since there was no crowd this time...dunno if that was you or not...I suppose there could be more than one father son duo lol.
Yep that was us. We were there earlyast week and I guess it was you at the orange line way early. I think we all went and did another run. And yeah literally no one said breakout ended halfway down lol. Raced it to the end like a moron. But cool man we'll talk more next time.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yesssss
20200707_123333.jpg

don

Few shots from yesterday. We just lapped Dominion - Salvation - Alpine as it was the first time there and on a DH bike for Mike, first time there in a lot of years for Dom and me. Need to do some more exploring next time we go.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 144

Ian F

Anyone with some personal experiences at the local parks? Over that last few weeks I've been to Thunder and Blue Mtn bike parks. Riders at Thunder were fairly respectful, but Blue was sort of a shit-show as far as other riders following social distancing rules. How does it seem at Mtn Creek?

While I am not terribly worried about getting sick (I am fairly fit and no underlying health issues), my work requires occasional travel and because of that I can't really risk catching C-19. Unfortunately, I am beginning to fear this may mean the end of the season for me.

Robin

I've been to Highland, Killington, Thunder and Creek. Granted all midweek but everyone has been respectful of space. They were really enforcing masks in lift lines at Creek last week but otherwise it's been an ok experience

JonF

hows' the condition of the rentals there? I'd like to go try it out and it seems they have XL's in the fleet. Hoping they get rented much less and are less beat. Just not sure my Ripley is the bike to ride there.

don

I was at Creek yesterday. The lift being down for maintenece and then weather sucked but it seemed social distancing rules were good. People seems to stay with their groups andI noticed masks on everyone in the lift line.

Top Bottom