Wildlife

JonF

There's a few planters hanging on the front porch with some annuals in them. Every time i walked by, i'd hear some mama bird get all chatty and flappy. Found this clutch in a nest up in there jammed in like a NYC 1 room efficiency--i count about 5 little fledglings with comical old man eyebrows. I mean, its a just a little hanging basket, barely enough room for the plant itself!

IMG_20200608_095529.jpg

Kaleidopete

This mornings ride I met mrs bear & 3 cubs on a trail coming towards me and nowhere for either of us to go.
Swamp on one side, stream & wall on other.
So I decided to turn around and go another way, no big deal. Crappy photo due to crappy camera I bring when it's raining.
Cimg0050.jpg

Off The Road Again

I love this thread, and love seeing different animals in the woods. I remember years back during one of the 24 Hours of Allamuchy races, I was riding a lap at around 11 or 12 at night. Out of nowhere heard the loudest screech! Scared the crap out if me, but thought maybe it was a screech owl. I was alone, no one around at all, pretty eerie. Turns out it was probably a fox - who knew? Later on same lap, a bat flew in my head lamp light for about 20 yards, scooping up bugs, very cool to see that. Then other riders caught up to me and I could relax.

Top Bottom