wildlife sighting

RNG1

I think I saw some quail up by Rockland lake yesterday, round bodies little head. I should google to see for sure...

xc62701

I saw a few turkeys today and a nice random squirrel that tried to attack me. It ran off the curb just as I was passing and t-boned me. It hit my foot and rear wheel then ran away afterwards...lol.

RNG1

This deer and I had a nice talk today. We talked about our kids, the global economy issue... well I did most of the talking but it was nice to have someone to talk to.

Attachments

• deer on trail 4 7 09.jpg
    deer on trail 4 7 09.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 136

Sprintzer

am i the only one who thinks that if you haven't seen a bear at waway you aren't at waway. Like your year isn't complete until you nearly endo trying to turn around to avoid mom and her cubs on the path.

xc62701

am i the only one who thinks that if you haven't seen a bear at waway you aren't at waway. Like your year isn't complete until you nearly endo trying to turn around to avoid mom and her cubs on the path.

That's pretty much how it is. Pretty much every other ride I see one up there.

PTB66

I had my first ride at Waway on Sunday and just as I was starting to get on the trail, a group of guys that hit the trail 5 minutes before me were coming back in the opposite direction warning me of the bear ahead. Needless to say I turned around.

Saw a crazy ass turkey @ 6MR. Once it saw me it took off running....not into the woods, but following the twisties, over a log pile, it was funny as shit. I kept riding and this thing was leaving me in the dust. This went on for a good 15-20 seconds. Quite bizarre.

Last edited:

Eileen

Saw a bear and cubs on Racer's Edge at Hunter on Sunday. I tried to get a picture with my cell phone, but you can't really see it. There was a good 15 people waiting up trail.

Spring is finally here :D

RNG1

Yesterday early morning I saw a babt coyote on a local trail. I have seen others in the oast but never this young. It stil had like puffy fur like it came out of the clothes dryer. It ran off the trail into thick bushes before I could even think of grabbing a pic. About 50' away I came across a freshly killed goose so I know there were some adults around.

Stocky

I have seen a mother bear and her cub sunning themselves on the railbed trail a few weeks ago when we had that heatwave.

Lots of deer and today with the moist conditions the newts are out in full force.

RNG1

This was a good week for me baby coyote and yesterday this...

Attachments

• Snake 5 20 09.jpg
    Snake 5 20 09.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 132

DR.K

last week some turkeys,deer,blue herron,and when it was dark heard something that sounded like a wounded beagle ...that made me pick up the pace a bit...all these sightings were at south brunswick at the closed part of beekman rd...mini reserve?

RNG1

last week some turkeys,deer,blue herron,and when it was dark heard something that sounded like a wounded beagle ...that made me pick up the pace a bit...all these sightings were at south brunswick at the closed part of beekman rd...mini reserve?

Wounded beagle:hmmm:

I stopped at concrete bridge in 6mr yesterday and saw a dead boxer turtle and a beaver

I think we'll need a new thread for road kill for the amount that I have been seeing lately, groundhogs,possums, pancake bullfrogs galore!

N

newsense

So far this year I have had close encounters with a black snake, a couple of foxes (one of my favorite things to see), plenty of deer, and a pissed off goose...and it's still early in the season!:popcorn:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Wounded beagle:hmmm:

I think we'll need a new thread for road kill for the amount that I have been seeing lately, groundhogs,possums, pancake bullfrogs galore!

YEEAH, bring on the ROADKILL thread

roadkill.jpg

and yes, my bike and I were fine after the impact;)

Top Bottom