Wilderness 101 - This Saturday!

xc62701

Who's going? I'll be there. I should be leaving at noon Friday to get out there, setup camp and ride the last section of the course in preparation for a long day Saturday. If the recent weather is any indication, it's gonna be hot and sweaty and loads of fun.

D

DANSPANK

I know Al (Heythrop) is going. If you know him then give him a slap.

Pokgirl

Spork
Hahaha! You endurance people are sick! Who needs 10 hours on the bike (or 12 or 14) and a seat stain on your butt? I'll stick with the short races!

D

dzm3

Ryan,

Hopefully I'll see you at the start and then at the finish, 3-4 hours behind you! heh

I probably won't get there until late on Friday, 7-8 PM

dz

xc62701

Good luck Ry !! :getsome:

Thanks! I'm officially gonna say my goal is to break 10 hours. 9:45 is what I'm going for. Last year it was 10:36 so I wanna see if I can pick up a bunch of time. It'll be tough but I"m gonna try.

xc62701

Ryan,

Hopefully I'll see you at the start and then at the finish, 3-4 hours behind you! heh

I probably won't get there until late on Friday, 7-8 PM

dz

Sweet! When you get there look for me. I'll have the black SRT-4 and the green north face tent.

Kmoodymz3

Hey Ryan, We'll (husband, 2 riding partners and mylsef) will be there. Look for a woman on an Ibis Mojo SL. Not too many of us around:D.

Good luck with the sub 10 time. I'm hoping for sub 12 which is my best Shenandoah 100 time. I managed cohutta in 10:50 this year but I have a feeling the single track at W101 will slow me down a bit.

See you in PA!

xc62701

Hey Ryan, We'll (husband, 2 riding partners and mylsef) will be there. Look for a woman on an Ibis Mojo SL. Not too many of us around:D.

Good luck with the sub 10 time. I'm hoping for sub 12 which is my best Shenandoah 100 time. I managed cohutta in 10:50 this year but I have a feeling the single track at W101 will slow me down a bit.

See you in PA!

Sweet. I'll stop by and say hi if I can find ya. Yea from doing both of those I'd say the ST at the 101 is considerably more rugged. Although not a lot of it it can be a little hairy. Especially one sooper steep loose decent. There's also a lot of talus or scree to go through as well which makes it fun. I had a blast at the Cohutta - completed that one in 9:46 so I'd like to do this in 9:45. I'm in much better shape now so it may be possible.

Top Bottom