Wildcat TM 2020

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We're meeting at the bat cave at 4:30pm. I think we are going to ride and clip so we can cover more ground. It doesn't seem like the trails are that badly overgrown, but we'll roll through and get as many face and arm slappers as possible. Not sure where we are heading yet, but if anyone wants to join and can't make 4:30, let me know. We'll probably do this again next week as well.

Enjoy the rain!

Clipping in the rain would be better, because then the branches would be drooping down more.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We're meeting at the bat cave at 4:30pm. I think we are going to ride and clip so we can cover more ground. It doesn't seem like the trails are that badly overgrown, but we'll roll through and get as many face and arm slappers as possible. Not sure where we are heading yet, but if anyone wants to join and can't make 4:30, let me know. We'll probably do this again next week as well.

Clipping in the rain would be better, because then the branches would be drooping down more.
in

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

Wrong thread I'd come to tm but daddy daycare, keeping an eye out for weekend tm

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @Stef and @nj29er for coming out and helping trim last night! We did the following:

Beach Glen - was already in pretty good shape, but it's now in even better shape.
New Righter Mine - Was pretty much perfect. I think we stopped to trim a tiny bit twice just so we didn't ride it for no reason.
Yellow - There were a couple of bad spots we took care of, all good now.
Rail bed - We hit that one spot on the rail bed heading toward Oreland right near Upper Hibernia Rd that was getting bad.
Four Birds - We took care of all that overgrowth from the top of Wildcat Flow down the other direction to the woods road crossing where we normally make a left and then a quick right to cross the water and climb up to orange.

We're looking to go out again next week, maybe Monday or Thursday, so post up if you know of any other areas that need it. I think there are more bad spots on Four Birds, and I know the awesome dark blue hiking trail needs work, but that trail is probably a full session on its own.

keeping an eye out for weekend tm

This wasn't really an organized TM. I just grabbed some friends and we rode and trimmed trails along the way. Feel free to do the same, and make sure you post up which trails you hit here.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Monday 4:30pm - Park on Upper Hibernia Rd at the start of the red trail. We'll hike in and do some clipping on Four Birds and that awesome blue trail. PM me if you want to join us but can't make 4:30, and I'll give you my cell and you can meet us out there.

Lol, I don't know who did this, but it comes up as Enchanted Forest on Google Maps:

Check back here on Monday afternoon in case we change up the plan.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Monday 4:30pm - Park on Upper Hibernia Rd at the start of the red trail. We'll hike in and do some clipping on Four Birds and that awesome blue trail. PM me if you want to join us but can't make 4:30, and I'll give you my cell and you can meet us out there.
im only in if there are snacks

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So last night, @Stef, @nj29er, @Ashcor, and I cleared the following:

Red - From Solar Pond to Four Birds
Four Birds - From where you get in from red all the way to yellow
Blue - All of that awesome blue hiking trail from Four Birds near yellow to the woods road where most people climb back out to Four Birds
Connectors - We also did the two unmarked connectors that go from Four Birds to Solar Pond

That blue trail is rocky and awesome, and it's in really great shape now. Thanks for the help last night!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions